Sunday Post #04: Big Bad Wolf & School


It's been a while since I've done a Sunday Post because I didn't seem to get enough time to sit down and make a blog post for this thanks to school and with me leave the house again. I live off-campus but it's like a five-minute walk to the university anyway. It's an apartment building with majority of the tenants are students of my school. It was quite a busy few weeks because when I came back to the apartment, it really needed some cleaning time. It was unattended for two months and I think a week or two. I left before May ended and came back last week Monday. Happy my fam decided to help with the cleaning though. 




There's not much this week on the blog. I've been slow with blogging lately.




BOOKS READ THIS WEEK:

  • Sea Witch Rising (Sea Witch, #2) by Sarah Henning (★★★.5 / I haven't updated Goodreads for this yet.)
  • The Guy on the Right by Kate Stewart (★★★★ / Same for this. I actually enjoyed this one. I was skeptical of this at first.)
  • A Place in the Sun by R.S. Grey (★★★★ / I'm going to write a review for this soon.)


CURRENTLY READING:

I was supposed to be reading The Best Thing by Mariana Zapata but decided to put this down first. I stopped at chapter two. IT WASN'T BAD. I stopped because I keep reading the name LUNA and realized that it's Luna from her other book Luna and the Lie. I decided to give Luna and the Lie a go first because I want to get to know Lenny aka the main character of The Best Thing. But I don't have the book yet.


BOOKS I GOT:

I actually got the top row books two weeks ago but I just wanna share them like how I also shared them on Twitter: House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig / Say You Still Love Me by K.A. Tucker / The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai / Sea Witch Rising by Sarah Henning

I also got the entire Wedding Belles Series by Lauren Layne! Okay I got the novella, first and third book way before but I haven't read any of them until I got the book two. In which I did just this morning. 







WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO:
  • The Blog - As you can see, if you've been here in my blog before, I changed my theme. I've been tweaking the theme to my liking and I'm really, really happy with this. I still want to change some of the colors though but not right now since my apartment's wifi is still a work in progress. I'm also trying to comment back as much as I can though.
  • School - Proper classes will start either this week or next month so I really hope I'll be able to balance school work and my book blogging life. I started blogging again after a very long hiatus around summer after the last school year. Now it's a new school year so I hope I'll be able to juggle these two things. I might also share some personal posts from time to time relating to school. Maybe show you guys some of the artworks I'm working on. 
  • Big Bad Wolf - Anyone familiar with this? I am so excited to go to this big book sale this Wednesday (I don't have classes this Wednesday so yay!). It's been a while since I've bought physical copies of books ON SALE. Also this is gonna be my first time going to this sale because I missed it last year.
*not my pics. credits to the owners



So how's your week?
And what books have you read?




10 comments:

  1. Your family is awesome to help you clean. My daughter used to always trick me into doing all the cleaning, when she returned to school. Good luck with school and the blog. I know it's really time consuming, but hopefully you can find the right balance and do both successfully. I just recently listened to the whole Wedding Belles series via audiobooks. I love all that is Lauren Layne and the series was good for me. Enjoy the book sale! It's looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam! So far it's good though but I think it's only because it's still the first week so we'll see how it goes in the upcoming weeks or months. Surprisingly I didn't ask them, they just... went to help lol. I am grateful though. I really needed some of my things to be returned home so I can free up more space and I'm happy to have extra hands to help me with it.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that looks like some sale! I hope you don’t get too carried away.


    Have a great reading week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never went home at the summer when I was at uni so I never had to worry about the big clean when returning after summer. :) I'm glad you're sorted out now and getting settled back in.

    I've yet to read Sea Witch but I definitely want to catch up especially with Sea Witch Rising being available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to be back here. I kind of miss having my own space though. I hope you'd get to it! It's surprisingly a good take on retelling the sea witch's story!

      Delete
  4. Hooray for family who is willing to pitch in and help clean! :) I'm super interested in The Guy on the Right. I'm sure I'll be adding it my Kindle soon enough. I really enjoyed Say You Still Love Me. And I've been seeing great things about The Right Swipe! That book sale looks AMAZING! Hope you find lots of deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! The Guy on the Right was surprisingly fun for me. I have yet to read The Right Swipe though! I wanna start it soon!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE YOUR HAUL!!! I see so many faves of mine, like The Right Swipe and Wedding Belles series!!!!I'm glad the family helped!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to start the Wedding Belles!! I've been meaning to marathon all books and now I got all of them so this is it!

      Delete