Now Playing: 1989 by Taylor Swift - Book Tags

I went around the blogosphere and found these tags related to Taylor Swift. I wasn't tagged but since I love her songs, I decided WHY NOT? I'M BORED. I'M DOING THIS. Also blasted the RED album while I was making this post.

I merged the two tags because it's pretty much all about TSwift anyway. There's another TSwift book tag I found after I did this though but I guess I'll do that one in another post. I do love the questions on that tag.

Taylor Swift Book Tag by The Book Life (I think there are questions added/missing in this tag that I didn't get to include since I got the questions from another book blog and not from the video source)
1989 Book Tag by Reviews from a Bookworm

So here it is.
Now, these answers slash opinions are personally mine. 


(TAYLOR SWIFT BOOK TAG)

We Are Never Ever, Ever Getting Back Together 
(a book/series you were pretty sure you loved but then wanted to break up with): A Court Of Thorns and Roses Series by Sarah J. Maas. I loved and enjoyed the first two books but fell out of love with it.

Red 
(a book with a red cover): The Wrath & the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh. ACOTAR also fits for this.

The Best Day 
(a book that makes you feel nostalgic): Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. I love this series a lot.

Love Story 
(a book with forbidden love): Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare. Emma and Julian? Parabatais falling in love? *dramatic gasp* SCANDALOUS. Though I don't know if it's like that the whole series since I haven't read the second and third book. And most couples in CC's Shadowhunter books are pretty much forbidden anyway.

I Knew You Were Trouble 
(a book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love): Luca Vitiello from Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles by Cora Reilly. This is his POV novella/book since Bound by Honor was told in Aria's POV aka his wife. Anyway, he's Capo of the Vitiello mafia family. He's worse than trouble. He's killed someone by crushing their throat with bare hands :D

Innocent 
(a book that someone ruined the ending for): I don't have one for this as far as I can remember.... people have spoiled things for me but not not the ending directly.

Everything Has Changed 
(a book with a character who goes through extensive character development): Lily Calloway and Loren Hale from the Addicted Series by Krista and Becca Ritchie. The loves of my life and I'm so incredibly proud of them. I could write a whole essay of how much they mean to me, how proud I am of them, how much they make me happy, how much I love them, etc. Seriously we could be here all day.

You Belong With Me 
(my most anticipated book release): Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2) by Tessa Bailey. I'm excited for the marriage inconvenience trope.

Forever and Always 
(my favorite book couple): I have a lot of favorites though but let me give this to Riley Mckenna and Sam Compton from Sex, Love & Stiletto Series by Lauren Layne. They're my favorite from the series.

Begin Again
(a series that deserves a second chance): Knitting in the City Series by Penny Reid. I wasn't that into the first book as much as I hoped I would but I still do want to continue the series for some reason.

Wonderland 
(a book that features your favorite fictional world): The world in The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta. I love the world-building Marchetta created.

Last Kiss
(a series that you’re not ready to let go, even though it ended): Not because I'm obsessed with this series or it's a favorite but more like I don't want to let The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater go yet because it felt like it needed a better final book. The events in the fourth book was honestly just underwhelming for me. It deserves better and I know it could be better but well, it ended. 

Clean
(a series where you’re glad it’s over): MmmMmMmMmm... nothing comes to mind. If I don't like a series, I wouldn't continue wasting my time reading the rest of the books anyway. Plus if there IS a series I'm glad it's over, it's not really over OVER. Like a few months or years later, the author would announce another book coming out.

Wildest Dreams 
(your favorite fictional guy–it’s preferred but he doesn’t have to be a bad boy): I have a lot of favorite fictional guys but let me give this to Adrian Everhart from the Renegades Series by Marissa Meyer. I have a soft spot for him and he's actually one of the sweetest guys YA could offer.

Enchanted
(a book you found by chance that you ended up loving): The Curse Workers Series by Holly Black. I don't remember how I stumbled on this series but I really enjoyed it and I love Holly Black's writing.

All You Had to Do Was Stay 
(a book you didn’t finish that you wish you had given another chance): The Descendants by Joan He. I DNF-ed so early because I wasn't feeling it. I don't know though if I'll give another chance but we'll see.

Teardrops on My Guitar 
(a book that made me cry a lot): "cry a lot " is a stretch but All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover really did made me tear up. This book was just so emotionally heavy and the Graham's letters? That added more to the waterworks. 

Shake it Off 
(a book I love so much that I just shake off the haters): Hmmm.. I don't have one I think. I'm trying my hardest to remember but nothing comes to mind.

Blank Space 
(my favorite autographed book): Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. The book's really special because it's The Reason I enjoyed contemporary romance and it's also the first book that I got autographed. And my first book signing! 

Today was a Fairy Tale 
(my favorite retelling): One of my favorites is Stain by A.G. Howard. This is a retelling of Princess and the Pea!


(1989 BOOK TAG)

"You can want who you want, boys and boys and girls and girls."
WELCOME TO NEW YORK (a book with LGBT themes): Recently read Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. Alex and Henry went from "are we nemesis" dorks to "maybe we're friends" to "ok so news is that i love you". 

"You can tell me when it's over if the high was worth the pain."
BLANK SPACE (a book that hit you right in the feels... but was totally worth it): Another recent read is The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker. I've only read three books by this author so far but this is my favorite and the one that hit in the feels.

"The rest of the world is black and white, but we're in screaming color."
OUT OF THE WOODS (a book which had vivid world-building): The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. The districts! The Capitol! The entirety of Panem! The arena! I had a THG phase back then.

"I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream."
BLANK SPACE (a book you hated... but loved the cover): Hate's a strong word but anyway, it's Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I had issues with this book.

"The haters gonna hate."
SHAKE IT OFF (a book or series that everyone seems to love but you can't help but hate): I don't hate this series but it's something I don't want to remember and it's the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth.

"I've got a blank space baby, and I'll write your name."
BLANK SPACE (your latest book boyfriend/girlfriend): Another Blank Space song lol alright, I got Kiara Falcone here from The Camorra Chronicles by Cora Reilly. This series is a spin-off of Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles and Kiara here is Luca's cousin. I. LOVE. HER. Her character development is one of the great things I've read in this series and I can't wait to read more of her in Twisted Bonds (and yes, she's the lovely lady in red on the cover)

"I wish you knew I'll never forget you as long as I live."
I WISH YOU WOULD (a book or series you know you will always love): The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare. The London Institute fam forever lives in my heart even though I haven't talked about them in so long.

"I can see the end as it begins."
WILDEST DREAMS (a book or series you wish could have gone on forever): Gone on forever is another stretch but I do like reading more of these characters from Lauren Layne's Sex, Love and Stiletto Series and its spin-off the Oxford Series. I love reading how characters from both series actually have bonds with each other. It's such a fun and loving group.


AND THAT'S IT!
Tagging anyone who hasnt done these tags yet 
and wants to do it.

I had fun answering these.



6 comments:

  1. Well the good news is I LOVE THIS TAG. The bad news is also actually good news, aka a totally unsurprising plot-twist: I have all the Taylor Swift songs stuck in my head. Yay!!! Love your picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU AND ME BOTH! I swear TSwift's songs are the ones stuck in my head for days now ever since I decided to do this tag which was two weeks ago... it's been THAT long. And thank you, Jess!

      Delete
  2. Lily & Lo!!! I remember reading Addicted After All and just marveling at how far they’d come. From barely functioning from their addictions to being strong, capable people/parents/friends/businesspeople. It’s like I was so proud of them I could cry! Graham’s letters in All Your Perfects about did me in. His anguish became mine! I think I cried harder in It Ends With Us and Ugly Love, though. The Simple Wild made a real impact on me. I think if I had read it any other time it wouldn’t have been as profound, but I read it a week or two after my father passed away so I basically sobbed through half the book. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that, Tanya. It must really hard since The Simple Wild is about the heroine reconnecting with her dad. I hope your father's in a better place now though.

      Lily and Lo's journey was something that I admired and truly loved reading. I felt like I grew along with the characters and seeing them finally realizing that they are worthy of life and love was just emotional. It was even more emotional for me when they had their kids and their kids know just how much their parents love them and they love them back just as much.

      I haven't read Ugly Love yet but knowing CoHo's books, they're definitely a tear-jerker.

      Delete
  3. Percy Jackson and The Olympians is a series I LOVE! And the Heroes... And pretty much everything I've read/listened to by Riordan so far. My kid loves them too.

    Lots on this list I need to read too... Like The Dark Artifices by Cassandra Clare. I own them all, I just haven't read them yet, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm glad he loves them! I remember loving the books as a kid and now other kids are loving them as well!!

      I've only read the first book of TDA and even though I have all the books too, I don't have the motivation yet to read them all knowing I need to spare so much of my time for them.. I mean, they're big books!

      Delete