Sunday Post #01: Sketches and TBR Panic


This is my first Sunday Post and I have quite a lot to share. From the blog to the books I have to the life I'm currently managing. I haven't felt like reading this past week but I'm not in a slump so that's good. I'm now 93/100 books with my Goodreads Reading Challenge and I'm happy with that. I think I'll be able to finish this before school starts. I'm also glad that the people who borrowed my books finally returned them. I don't mind people borrowing my books but I won't lie if I say I'm not worried over their condition. I handle my books with love and care because I love books (and because I spent a lot on some books so yeah, they're FRAGILE).




RECENT POSTS THIS WEEK:



THE TBR PANIC:

  • I made myself and ambitious July TBR (see my June 25 Top Ten Tuesday) and I'm quite behind... I think. I have over 33 books but I'm actually dropping 2 because I've read a series (the Sinners of Saint by L.J. Shen one) and I don't want to read the last book because I don't feel attached to the character nor they're even connected to the main characters of the entire series (I mean they are but they're not close like how the main characters are so tight with each other). I don't wanna waste my time on it. And for the other book, let's just say I wasn't looking into it clearly that I put the wrong book (a sequel) in my list lol. So now I have 31 books and I've read 10 so far. I've been reading books that aren't part of the pile so that's pretty much why this is taking so slow. We're still on the second week of July but... this ain't it *nervous laughter*

BOOKS READ THIS WEEK: 


  
  • Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston (★★★★★ / I really enjoyed this one.. except for the political theme of it because I don't really enjoy politics. I explained this further in my review.)
  • The Prenup by Lauren Layne (★★★ / Not quite happy with this one.)
  • Just Love by Prescott Lane (★★ / The story didn't live up to its pretty cover. I'm about to write my review for this.)

CURRENTLY READING: 

  
  • From Lukov With Love by Mariana Zapata (I'm starting this and so far liking it. And it's figure skating sports romance. That's kinda rare because sports romance are usually focused on football, hockey or baseball. I haven't even ventured to the ones that tackle basketball. Even soccer is hardly a theme.)
  • After the Kiss by Lauren Layne (I've started this and I'm around 15% already but I haven't gotten anywhere since. I've even finished 4 books while I'm at this my gosh... I want to marathon this series so bad.)

BOOKS I GOT AND WANT TO READ THAT'S NOT ON MY TBR:

  
  • The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman
  • Crashing the A-List by  Summer Heacock
  • The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson


 

WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO:


  • Sketching - I haven't been sketching lately so I decided to do some mouth and eye studies for a warm-up since classes are about to start next month too. Here's a little sample I did and this was what inspire me for my Top Ten Tuesday Character Freebie topic. And the one on the right is just a little something-something because I found this pretty witch pic on Pinterest (I wanna link it but I couldn't open Pinterest at the moment) so I used it as a reference. I just changed her hat though.
  • Homescapes - I don't really play games on my phone these days because they take up a lot of space. The only apps I allow to take up that much space are Photos, Spotify and Kindle (and some other e-readers like Bluefire and Kobo). That's the holy trinity of apps on my phone. But this game??? I'M HOOKED. I love decorating the house and gardens and collecting stars. This is also the reason why I haven't been reading lately because I'm so busy with this game.
  • Social Media Series - I don't know if there's any Filipino reading this blog post but there's this social media series going on around Twitter starring a famous on-and-off-screen couple and their fans cast them as main characters for their stories. The stories are basically just screenshots of Twitter tweets, Instagram posts, Messenger chats, and iMessages. It's such a creative way of writing and telling a story, and I swear a lot of us are hooked (even the actress herself who is the main female character in their stories read it and was amused). I'm one of them. Like I love the format and the way how the story was conveyed through screenshots of the characters' social media conversations and interactions. It's just really creative, I don't know if I can stop complimenting it. People are really talented and have a gifted way of telling a story through their writing. Linking it here to show to those of you who aren't familiar of it.


And that's it for this Sunday.
It's raining really hard here these past few days and I'm enjoying the cold weather but not the rain. I want to go out but eh.. and I want to read without getting tempted to fall asleep (rainy weather makes me wanna sleep).

Happy Sunday, everyone! 


8 comments:

  1. Welcome to your first Sunday post! 33 books for a month, that's ambitious for sure lol I hope you do finish reading all of them though! I really enjoyed Sinners of Saint! If Bane is the last book, then I'm with you. I haven't picked it up since I don't find it that connected with the rest. I actually enjoyed and loved The Prenup! I've seen Just Love and that cover is gorgeous, but now I'm wary of reading it if it won't live up. Your sketches are beautiful!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the welcome!! HAHA It truly is and I'm trying. I'm quite distracted so much lately that it's getting hard for me to find some me-time and get to reading. Oh I don't want my views for Just Love to tamper you wanting to read the book. You might end up liking it. And thank you again!!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the Sunday Post!
    I LOVE From Lukov with Love! It's my favourite Zapata and was one of my top reads last year. Ivan and Jasmine get off to an interesting start but they totally stole my heart. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      I'm honestly enjoying it a lot. I love Zapata's books and characters and it has been a while since I've picked up another book from her. So far, it has been really entertaining and I love the idea that this is about figure skating.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the Sunday Post! Your blog is pretty, too. You're so talented being able to sketch like that! From Lukov With Love was fun, but The Wall of Winnipeg and Me continues to be my favorite Mariana Zapata. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!! My heart's melting at your words. YES! THE WALL OF WINNIPEG AND ME IS MY FAVORITE ZAPATA BOOK!! YOU CAN TELL SINCE I'M TYPING THIS IN CAPS LOCK DUE TO EXCITEMENT LOL!

      Delete
  4. 31 books?! I put 6 on my tbr and I've only read one so far. GO YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many haha. But I'm trying since I really want to get some these books off my Goodreads TBR shelf too.

      Thank you! YOU GO, TOO! YOU CAN DO IT! HAPPY READING!!

      Delete