TTT #03: Books On My Summer 2019 TBR


I'm honestly not the kind to have a TBR. I'm more of picking up a book because I felt like reading it. I always fail when it comes to it. Like if there's a book in my TBR and the synopsis doesn't really interest me the way it did before I added it to my pile, I'll go look for another book outside my TBR. Mess.

However, last month I decided to have a TBR and I wanted to stay faithful to it. And surprisingly, I did. I have a pretty productive month of reading.


MY JUNE TBR


01. Descendant of the Crane by Joan He  *read
02. Romanov by Nadine Brandes  *read
03. Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus  *read
04. Circe by Madeline Miller  *read
05. We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal  *read
06. Last of Her Name by Jessica Khoury  *dropped
07. The Antidote by Shelley Sackier  *read
08. If I'm Being Honest by Emily Wibberly and Austin Siegemund-Broka  *read
09. These Witches Don't Burn by Isabel Sterling  *read
10. The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine  *reading

*dropped as in dropped from the TBR list
Reason why I have Last of Her Name dropped is because I have some problems with my copy of the e-book so I couldn't read it. Here's my update on my June reading so far because these books aren't the only ones I've read for this month. *pats self because of it*

So for my July TBR, I divided it between series and stand-alone.
I also divided the series into two sections: the complete and the part-of-a-series section


5 COMPLETE SERIES


01. Sinners of Saint by L.J. Shen
02. The Dark Elements by Jennifer L. Armentrout
03. Sex, Love & Stiletto by Lauren Layne
04. RAW Family by Belle Aurora
05. Playbook by  Alexa Martin

I looooove Storm and Fury (first book in The Harbinger) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I haven't read the prequel series of it which is The Dark Elements. I avoided this series like a plague because I despise love triangles but now that there's a spin-off, I can now read this in peace and with the knowledge of who the heroine ends up with because I hate picking sides and the drama that comes with it. Now for the Sex, Love & Stiletto series, I also didn't have plans on reading this after completing the Oxford series (its spin-off) but I'm interested in reading a certain couple's story so... yeah. And for Playbook, this is actually ongoing but since it's a companion series, I don't mind. 


5 BOOKS THAT ARE PART OF A SERIES


06. Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2) by Melanie Harlow
07. What  We Do in the Night (Day to Night, #1) by Stylo  Fantome
08. Cerulean (Untitled Duology, #1) by Amy Ewing
09. Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1) by Emily A. Duncan
10. Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman

I think Arc of a Scythe is a trilogy..? The only thing I know is that the third book is gonna be released this November and I heard good things about this series so I plan on checking it out. When it comes to YA fantasy, I always consider the first book first before diving in for the rest of the series. For Wicked Saints, I'm kind of reluctant about it. I don't let reviews affect me but there's been so many mixed feedbacks about this from my mutuals in Goodreads so we'll see.



10 STAND-ALONE BOOKS


01. Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan
02. The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas
03. Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
04. From Lukov With Love by Mariana Zapata
05. People Like Us by Dana Mele
06. Sadie by Courtney Summers
07. Fear of the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh
08. Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey
09. The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker
10. Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson

Sorcery of Thorns is a stand-alone, right? I don't keep track on updates of books that I haven't read yet so I added that one here. 

This is a big TBR but I'm determined plus a lot of these are contemporary so it's good. I always fly through contemporary books compared to fantasy/dystopia/paranormal.



a challenged reader,


17 comments:

  1. I really, really love both Scythe and Sadie. And everyone seems to adore Red, White, and Royal Blue. I hope you enjoy your July reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadie's been in my shelf for quite a while now and I've read good feedback of the book. so I'm now adding this to the TBR. Plus it's a mystery-kind of book and I've been interested in the genre again lately.

      Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your TBR too!

      Delete
  2. I need to read The Dark Elements soon but unlike you I have a great love of love triangles. Red,White,and Royal Blue made my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I wish I was as strong as you when it comes to love triangles. I always feel bad for the other character who won't end up with the hero/heroine, even if I don't root for them LOL.

      Delete
  3. I love reading these even when I'm not participating (I just published another author interview on my blog instead). You might want to take a look - Jane Davis is an amazing author!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your previous tbr! I never manage to read that many of the lists I set, too much of a mood reader for that. I would love to read Scythe as well, the premise just sound so interesting. Good luck on your summer tbr and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to stray away from my TBR a lot so this will be a challenge HAHA. Thank you and I hope you'd enjoy your summer reading too!

      Delete
  5. I really want to read These Witches Don't Burn! I hope you enjoy it.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought at first that it's a standalone but it's going to be a series. I hope you enjoy if you ever pick it up!

      Delete
  6. Wow, you did a great job with your TBR. I struggle with that concept, too, sometimes.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still struggle too which is why this was such a surprise and an achievement for me HAHA. Thank you!!

      Delete
  7. You are a freaking rockstar! You did an amazing job on your June TBR, with days to spare! Also I love your blog so much. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite proud of myself for it too HAHA.
      Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

      Delete
  8. I really liked Storm and Fury too, although I havne't read any of the Lux series. I'm starting it today!

    You did great on your TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun series although I haven't finished it. I'm literally one book away from completing the series :( Storm and Fury's a favorite read of mine this year. I can't wait for more of it!

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  9. I totally loved the Dark Elements series. I don’t *love* love triangles but I don’t hate them either so that aspect didn’t bother me. I was so invested in all the characters and the outcome. Plus there’s Roth... and he was just EVERYTHING. LOL Intercepted and Fumbled were both fabulous and made Alexa Martin a new favorite. Can’t wait for Blitzed in December!! Archer’s Voice and The Simple Wild are two that I loved so, so much! I remember shedding some tears throughout Archer’s Voice! Hope you’ll find some new favorites in these!

    ReplyDelete