Sunday Post #09: Mental Breakdown & Upcoming Playlists


The past two weeks was a whirlwind-kind of ride.
Midterm exams were okay. I'm confident in passing so I won't fret on it.
But the plates really drained me mentally that it resulted in me breaking down at 1 AM.



ON THE BLOG

From the past, last and this week:




BOOK TALK

*RECENTLY READ

   
  
(Thank you, Lauren Layne, for another romance book.)


*CURRENTLY READING

None at the moment. I'm lowkey in a slump after reading Yours in Scandal.
I might pick up another ARC or pick up something from my Fall TBR.



*BOOKS I GOT

   
   
    
(These are from last week and this week)



LIFE TALK

This is quite a long update.

  • I'm finally free of Midterms, and I'm feeling okay lately.
  • I haven't been that active (I'm still online but I just go lurk around since I'm not in my 100% mood to talk about stuff) both on social media and the blog.
  • Last week Tuesday was really tough for me aka the day I had a mental breakdown.
  • I had TEN PLATES to do that's supposed to be submitted the next day and they're all traditional so that means they're all by hand and pencil (and other traditional art medium).
  • And that next day, I had a midterm exam.
  • So I was extra loaded.
  • I was home from school at 3PM that day so I immediately showered and ate and by 4PM, I was doing the said ten plates.
  • I FINISHED ALL TEN (err, nine... I gave up on the last one, there was literally zero effort exerted on that last plate) AT 12 MIDNIGHT.
  • I was so exhausted and anxious (my anxiety has risen up on its highest level) and I was shaking. Worst part of it all, my right hand - the one that's been doing the most work - has given up aka it got numbed and of course, I couldn't move it. On normal days, I'd know that it's reasonable since I've been working for 8 hours. But my mind was on overdrive since I haven't studied for the written exam yet.
  • I haven't studied 7 weeks worth of notes and my entire body has given up.
  • Aaaand that's when I broke down.
  • I kept crying and I wanted to stop but I couldn't. It just intensified the moment I realized how alone I was in the apartment and I have no one to talk to to let out my frustrations.
  • I wanted to call my mom that moment but it was already midnight and figured she's probably asleep. So I just sent her a really long text about my situation.
  • And a little later, she surprised me by calling.
  • Hearing my mom's voice just made me cry harder but at the same time I was really grateful because she comforted me and all, and she told me to go to sleep and just wake up early the next day (or later that day since it was already 1 in the morning that time) to study for the exam, that I need to rest both my body and mind.
  • So I did. I got through the exam. All went well after. 
  • But after Wednesday, I just felt emotionally and mentally drained.
  • I was so out of it. I still am a bit, actually. 
  • But I'm trying so hard to be positive and do things that help me calm down.
  • I'm feeling lighter compared to the past few weeks.

On the lighter side of things

  • I'm at home right now since I got a one week break.
  • I'm also going to be catching up on replying/commenting/blog-hopping since I got some free time.
  • I'm going to be sharing some of my playlists next week (or starting tomorrow). I LOVE MUSIC. And I've discovered some good songs lately so why not.



I hope you're all doing well.
I hope your week's been great.
*sends you some hugs*


10 comments:

  1. I want to read Yours in Scandal and Half Truths! Aww babe *hugs* Sometimes we just need to cry to let it all out. I always feel better after I cry. It's like I'm letting all my worries and stress out through the tears. I really hope thus week is much better for you 💕💕 if you ever need to talk, message me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours in Scandal was surprisingly sweet. It felt good reading a LL book where you can feel the romance for the most part of the book. Thank you so much, Gen. Crying made it a bit better for me. I feel like a big weight was taken from my shoulders. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope you know you can come to me too if you ever need to talk because I'll be here as well 💗

      Delete
  2. My college days are such a blur. I remember how demanding they were. ((HUGS)) you made it through midterms, and I bet your plates are better than you think they are. I hope you can recharge a bit at home. At least you have some fantastic books to read. I am excited about Layne's new series. She is always a solid read for me, and I am crossing your fingers that you enjoy Michigan. I loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sam 💗 I'm actually feeling better now that I'm home with my family. The stress got me homesick even though I've been used to living away from home for years now but well, that time it just decided to kick in. I'm excited to read Michigan! It really sounds promising and I do like your taste in books so hopefully!

      Delete
  3. We really push ourselves to the limit sometimes, don't we???? I'm glad your mom got your text and called you right away. Hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yeah, I was really surprised and so thankful. She helped me calm down even though she was miles away from me.

      Delete
  4. Ah, I'm so sorry! Hopefully the break helps. <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly. And yes, it's been 2 days and I'm feeling a bit better. Being at home has cleared my head a bit :')

      Delete
  5. Oh no, I'm so sorry things got to that point. I'm glad your mom called and you were able to just talk it out. I hope the break does you good. You need it!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tanya. It felt really good that I was able to let out my exhaustion and frustration vocally. It eats me up inside when I bottle things up which is why I don't like doing it. Thanks again, being on break's been really good so far.

      Delete