TTT #14: Extraordinary Book Titles



Midterm Season is over for me and I got a one week-break starting next week. So much has happened in my life since I've been kind of inactive. I'm not fully back on social media and making blog posts because of certain circumstances but I've got this post lingering in my drafts since last month so I decided to publish it. It's also a topic I like. 

On to the titles.

If anyone here is planning to read We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal and With This Heart by R.S. Grey, I posted a little part of the books aka quotes that might be viewed as spoiler even though this is without context so just a heads up for anyone whose got this in their TBR.



The Knife of Never Letting Go
by Patrick Ness

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
by J.K. Rowling

The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein
by Kiersten White

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
by April Genevieve Tucholke

We Hunt the Flame
by Hafsah Faizal
** I really love it when the title's also a part of the story (I mean they really are but what I'm saying is that you find the title used in the dialogue). I was sooo into the story that reading this part made me a bit teary-eyed lol I love Hafsah Faizal's writing. This book made me remember how much I love and enjoy fantasy books.
You and I are strangers, Huntress. Allies by circumstance. We may leave Sharr and never think of each other again. But in this moment, we are two souls, marooned beneath the moon, hungry and alone, adrift in the current of what we do not understand. We hunt the flame, the light in the darkness. The good this world deserves. You are like Tamim. You remind me that hope is not lost.

The Impossible Knife of Memory
by Laurie Halse Anderson

The Battle of the Labyrinth
by Rick Riordan

The Ten Thousand Doors of January
by Alix E. Harrow
** This is the only book in the list I haven't read yet but I plan to anyway

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
by Michelle Hodkin

With This Heart
by R.S. Grey
**Alright, for this one, this doesn't sound extraordinary at all. But the reason I put this here is because this book title became so special to me after I read the book. It's this part of the book that made me love the title as much as the story (even though I admit that I don't remember much of this since I've read this quite long ago)
Her hand wrapped around my fingers, tightening my hold on the tarnished locket, "I love you with this heart." She tipped her head forward and pressed a kiss to my lips. Then she moved her hand and pointed to her scar, to the beating heart that lay beneath, "and with this heart."



That's it.
What extraordinary titles are in your list?


22 comments:

  1. Ooo! I saw the 'January' book on someone else's list. Don't know a thing about that one, but it sounds interesting. Also, I should have used 'Elizabeth Frankenstein.' That is a pretty good title!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover's really pretty and as much as pretty covers attract me first, it was the title that got me. These titles really are interesting!

      Delete
  2. I never did understand the title The Impossible Knife of Memory. I didn't really get the book either so I guess that explains it. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. I was kinda lost during the start of the book though but I ended up liking it.

      Delete
  3. The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer are great titles! I'm excited to read them both one of these days! Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really captivating titles.
      Thank you! You too!

      Delete
  4. I loooove book titles that kind of have a spooky feel to them, a lot of these books fit that! The word "knife" especially grabs my attention like in the Knife of Never Letting Go. Generally I like very short (one word) titles or titles that are mysterious and make me wonder things. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Knife of Never Letting Go is such a captivating title, honestly! And the book's just as captivating from what I remember **can hardly recall the events since I read this so long ago except that it crept me out lol

      Delete
  5. I hope things are going okay for you, love!

    Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea always seemed like a creepy title to me. And We Hunt the Flame sounds full of promise!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tanya. I'm getting there.

      We Hunt the Flame made me miss reading YA fantasy. It's so worth the read. And Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea is creepy!

      Delete
  6. I love the title for The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. It's so ominous.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all great titles! Happy reading! 🙂
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ten Thousand Doors of January is a very popular title this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ten Thousand Doors of January and The Knife of Never Letting Go have such cool titles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do!! The latter is always a favorite title of mine.

      Delete
  10. Look! Two Knife books. The Knife of Never Letting Go is a really thought provoking title, but I expect nothing less than that from Ness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually the only book of his I read and I did it because of the title. I wasn't that sold on the summary until I read the book and got hooked. Too bad I didn't continue the trilogy.

      Delete
  11. The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer look really good. Nice titles :D

    ReplyDelete