TTT #22: Books With Single-Word Titles... but make it RED


This week's theme is BOOKS WITH SINGLE-WORD TITLES but as you can see in my title, I added "but make it RED". I felt like the theme for today's kinda easy so to make it a bit exciting and whatever, I decided to make this challenging for myself.



 
Vicious by V.E. Schwab // Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
(The Villains books have such pretty red and black colors. Also we got the iconic apple in the Twilight cover.)

 
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer // Scythe by Neal Shusterman
(The Lunar Chronicles covers got themselves a pretty red color but I picked Scarlet for this one because... it's scarlet. Scythe was easy and quick to spot for this one.)

 
Reached by Ally Condie // Redemption by J.M. Darhower
(I've never read Reached nor the series but I remember seeing the books everywhere back then. This was either Redemption or Sempre: Redemption but I went with the former.)

 
Requiem by Lauren Oliver // Everneath by Brodi Ashton
(I can't remember anything that happened in Requiem. I haven't read the Everneath trilogy but I sooo love the covers of the books. They're so pretty.)

 
Sadie by Courtney Summers // Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
(That red jacket on Sadie's cover stands out a lot just like the apple. AND I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT BLOODLINES UNTIL I STARTED EDITING THIS POST! Sydney Sage, love of my life, I am so sorry.)

Did you also make a twist to today's theme too?
What books are on your Top Ten Tuesday?


25 comments:

  1. I remembered to add SADIE at the last minute. What a powerful book. My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twilight, Reached (those are some of my favorite covers, with the image and color scheme) and Bloodlines- such cool titles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove the color scheme for Twilight. I love that they picked a dark background to really accent the apple's color making it look brighter than it originally is.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh. You upped the challenge. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover for Scarlet.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty. In fact all of The Lunar Chronicles' covers are.

      Delete
  5. Great choices! Love that you colour coordinated it too. Vicious is such an amazing book. That is why Schwab is Queen.

    Here is my TTT: https://fangirlpixieblog.com/2020/03/03/top-ten-tuesday-9/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to read the series! My friend told me it's really good so I'm definitely adding it to my TBR. I've only read one book by Schwab so far.

      Delete
  6. OOOH, I like what you did with this! I made my list 2020 releases; I like when people make the list unique and their own like this. Unfortunately the only book I've read from this list is Twilight. 🤦🏻‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's alright! Twilight IS pretty popular. I started this list with just random books with single-word titles and I realized that I've actually read a ton of them so to make it more interesting and a bit challenging, I gave this theme's topic a twist.

      Delete
  7. You kicked it up a notch with the red twist! :) I’ve had the two Sempre books sitting on my shelf for several years now. I really need to finally read those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had Sempre for YEARS too until I read Cora Reilly's mafia books and thought I might give another mafia romance series a go.

      Delete
  8. Great list!! We have some in common. :) I totally forgot about the Lunar Chronicles books!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me, I almost forgot about them too until I dug deeper in my GR shelf from the books I've read years ago until I got a reminder.

      Delete
  9. Way to over-achieve there. The covers look so good together. I am impressed to have read three of those books, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always giving myself a hard time with most of the Top Ten Tuesday topics just for the sake of "fun" lol. In the end I'm left staring at my screen and looking for books for more than 3 hours for something that could be achieved in an hour or less.

      Delete
  10. I like how you made it challenging for yourself. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many good reads. Perfect to sit down with on a rainy day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Rainy days are the some of the best times to read!

      Delete
  12. Some lovelies here! I can't wait to read Scarlett!

    ReplyDelete