Sunday Post #07: Caught a Cold & Reading the Same Book Since Last Week


Another busy week. 
But what's new..



ON THE BLOG

Only two things happened on the blog. It's another busy week for me.



BOOK TALK

*RECENTLY READ

(none... I haven't read at all this week)


*CURRENTLY READING


(still the same.. I haven't got time to continue this because of school)


*BOOKS I GOT

    
(for someone who hasn't read a thing at all this week, 
I went ahead and got myself these books)




LIFE TALK

SCHOOL

(taping the 9x12 paper on a 12x18 sketchpad because this girl doesn't have a drawing board)

So these are the plates that made me so busy. I took a pic of these with Illustration #2 about 90% done and Illustration #3 about 50% done. I forgot to take a pic of the final outcome for both. I can't even begin to express the kind of stress these plates put me through. Illustration #2 here is my fourth attempt because the last three weren't the ones I planned in my mind when I drew them on the paper so it was 3x the fail for me. From Monday- Thursday, this was what kept me so busy. I had to fill the paper with details and I said goodbye to 5 of my favorite black gel pens.

I still have a bunch of things to do for next week:

  • Poem/lyric calligraphy
  • A photoshoot (worth 9 photos for the output)
  • A Western art-influenced plate (it can be done with medium but I pick painting)
  • Aaaaand... 2 commissions 

OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL

I'm at home right now. Home as in home, not apartment-home. I went back yesterday because I needed my camera for the photoshoot since I didn't bring it with me. And on the drive home, I caught a cold! :D SO FUN! I thought it was just the car's AC playing with my nose and making it stuffy but then my throat also felt a little sore so it's not the AC's fault. I didn't mind the latter thinking I could just make it disappear with water but nope. The moment I arrived and stepped in the house, I was sneezing and the worst thing is the sore throat. I can deal with a stuffy nose but the sore throat? NO.

My dog and cats aren't even too fond of me right now because I didn't play and cuddle with them like how I usually do whenever I'm home. I HAD TO RESIST. 



How was your week?
I hope you're all healthy and
please stay hydrated. 


7 comments:

  1. Boo to colds! That's stinks. I hope it passes quickly. Wow! Those illustrations are amazing. Good luck with the rest of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll feel better soon! And The City of Brass and The Poppy War are two of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a cold this week too---no fun at all! I love the plates, even if we don't get to see the final results. What we can see looks fantabulous!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your illustrations are AMAZING, Chai! Well done! Fingers crossed that the photo shoot goes well. Sorry to hear about the cold. :( I hope you feel better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Ice Massacre looks super interesting. Looks like a merfolk on the cover? And nice illustrations!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw girl, I hope you feel better! It seems everyone is getting sick lately. I need to get my hands on Serpent & Dove! Those plates look amazing!!! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete

  7. You are so talented!

    Have a great reading week, and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete