Sunday Post #06: Stressed with the Arts



Right now, I just want to lie down and sleep for a bit.

But I got stuff to do and I want to read.

I need to sort out my priorities.



ON THE BLOG

I didn't do much blogging for this week because I wasn't feeling it. I only have one post and it's not even book-related but I am happy about it since it's my first post that doesn't talk about books. I have more lined up but they need more editing so I don't know when to post them for now.




BOOK TALK

* RECENTLY READ

(I can't believe I finally finished this series wow I've been meaning to for quite some time now)

(4th book in The Camorra Chronicles and I LOVED IT SO MUCH)


* CURRENTLY READING

(I'm halfway through the book and I'm liking it so far)




LIFE TALK

SCHOOL
(aight you gotta read that from the bottom to the top lol)

  • That's pretty much my week in a nutshell via tweets
  • For Tuesday class, I've never felt so much pressure working on a (illustration) plate 
  • I DON'T LIKE HAVING A TIME LIMIT WHEN IT COMES TO ART
  • I felt awful last Tuesday and I hate what I felt because looking at my work, IT WASN'T ENOUGH
  • And what's worse is that the professor in-charge of that class is famous of failing his students
  • I'm mentally breaking down
  • But I'm trying so hard to be positive right now
  • Also my class schedule changed
  • I was one of the unfortunate ones to be transferred to the Saturday afternoon class from my Friday morning class
  • I'd rather have my classes early in the mornings than late afternoons BIG SIGH
  • I have FIVE PLATES to do (2 down, 3 to go)
  • I really need more extra time
  • On the lighter side of things, I do feel motivated and determined so I guess that's good?
  • I'm tired and running out of ideas but I'm not letting it get to me
  • This is... a lot to take in I'm so sorry
  • Did this during yesterday's Saturday class (slowly getting the hang of how the Illustrator in iMac works)
  • I'm actually liking how the prof handles the class
  • And the fact that there's only like... 10 of us 
  • The only thing I don't like is that it's scheduled in the afternoon
  • Also, comparing our work to Friday's class *side-eyes emoji*, let's just say I prefer ours

OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL

  • I met with a close friend yesterday
  • And I rambled to him about life
  • And it felt good to let it out to someone who also listens
  • And the rambling was done with pizza
  • I missed eating pizza



***this is me sending you all some hugs***
How was your week?




13 comments:

  1. I remember when my daughter was an undergrad (she has a BFA), they told her she needed to do her renderings faster, but like you said, it's hard putting a time limit on art. Good luck with the class. Did you like the Belle's series? I enjoyed that one, but I have pretty much enjoyed all of Layne's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much pressure and instead of thinking about your work, you're thinking of the time ticking because you might not make it to the deadline. It sucks big time.

      I DID ENJOY THE SERIES!! I loved the second book out of the four books!

      Delete
  2. Ooh The City of Brass- I've been wanting to read that one. Glad you're liking it so far- I really need to get it.

    Good luck with the plates. It is hard when you're trying to do art under pressure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty fun so far but I'm still about 43% in the book so I'm hoping it remains that way. And thank you! It really is though, it also puts your mood down because you'd keep thinking you didn't do enough.

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy you enjoyed Wedding Belles!! You know I love that series, especially the second book 😍

    Wow just reading the school section had me stressed so I can only imagine the pressure you were under. It sucks you had a time limit. I really hope this professor teaches you a lot and doesn't fail you guys. It's awesome when it's 10 students in a class. I think the prof can focus on each student individually and as a group much better than it there were foubke or triple the amount. Good luck babe! Go kick some butt! (not sure I can curse here lol)
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE THE SECOND BOOK! IT'S MY FAVORITE!!!

      I really hope so. I mean he's nice and all but him handing out the grades is the thing I'm most afraid of. Thank you, Gen!!

      Delete
  4. Pizza makes things better. As I write this, I can smell my husbands homemade pizza cooking and I can't wait!

    I'm sorry your week has been rough. I'm with you on wanting to sleep and read but having shit to do... I'm taking today to catch up on blog visits, work on some posts and do some reading. The world can invade my mental space again tomorrow. Today is mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza is good but homemade pizza is the best!! I miss it though. I haven't had one since last year :(

      I finally have some time off so I'm doing the catching up on the commenting and visiting. I wanna get back on reading too but I think I might chill a bit and do the reading again next week. So happy for you, Nicci!

      Delete
  5. I hope you find a way to manage your stress at school, does your college offer a student counseling service? You might find it useful.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. I have to find time to go though because I'm jam-packed this week and the next and they're already closed by the time classes end for me.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I hope this week is less hectic and you have more time to read and relax.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! I just finished 2 time-consuming plates but I do have more to do but it's less stress compared to those so here's hoping!

      Delete
  7. This is me sending you {{{hugs}}}.

    I'm so sorry last week was so stressful. I hope this past week was so, so much better.

    Isn't it such a satisfying feeling to finish a book series. (So, knowing that, why do I consistently NOT finish series? LOL)

    Hope you are taking are of yourself, my friend!

    ReplyDelete