I Don't Get Tired Of Them: Pixar Films


FIRST POST THAT ISN'T BOOK-RELATED!! FINALLY!! I've been wanting to do this for a while now. I love talking about movies, tv shows and music as much as I do with books so I decided to start this. Also a bonus of getting to know me a bit.

I hold animated movies close to my heart and they're a big reason why I'm fond of animation and why I pursued the arts in college.

So about this, I have watched all of Pixar's movies. I have all of them in my laptop and my favorites are on DVD. The earliest one I could recall was A Bug's Life and I was fascinated because the movie looked so different from the Disney Classic Films which were in 2D.

Anyway, here are my favorites!!




A Bug's Life (1998)
On behalf of "oppressed bugs everywhere," an inventive ant named Flik hires a troupe of warrior bugs to defend his bustling colony from a horde of freeloading grasshoppers led by the evil-minded Hopper.

One of the movies I truly enjoyed when I was a kid. I never really thought I would be fascinated by insects but Pixar did a good job of making me feel bad for ants even though they like to bite me when I'm just minding my own business. And in the process, I really viewed the bird as the evil one when it was just trying to be a momma to her kids and looking for food lol.



Cars (2006)
Lightning McQueen, a hotshot rookie race car driven to succeed, discovers that life is about the journey, not the finish line, when he finds himself unexpectedly detoured in the sleepy Route 66 town of Radiator Springs. On route across the country to the big Piston Cup Championship in California to compete against two seasoned pros, McQueen gets to know the town’s offbeat characters.

I wasn't fond of this movie after watching the trailer. It's why I didn't watch this at the cinema when it came out. However, this was played on Disney Channel on TV during a countdown to the new year - I forgot what year that was - so I sat down and watched while waiting for midnight and well... it was actually fun. And now I've rewatched it a bunch of times. Props to Rascal Flatt's Life is a Highway though because that song's catchy and perfect for a road trip playlist. I don't like the sequels though.



Brave (2012)
Brave is set in the mystical Scottish Highlands, where Mérida is the princess of a kingdom ruled by King Fergus and Queen Elinor. An unruly daughter and an accomplished archer, Mérida one day defies a sacred custom of the land and inadvertently brings turmoil to the kingdom. In an attempt to set things right, Mérida seeks out an eccentric old Wise Woman and is granted an ill-fated wish. Also figuring into Mérida’s quest — and serving as comic relief — are the kingdom’s three lords: the enormous Lord MacGuffin, the surly Lord Macintosh, and the disagreeable Lord Dingwall.

Someone from Tumblr pointed out that Merida reminds them of Clary Fray (The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare) because of the hair and now I can't unsee it. And she kinda reminds me of Avery Morgansten too (Wait for You by Jennifer L. Armentrout) and very appropriate too how Cam calls Avery "Shortcake". For some reason I love rewatching this. Partly for the humor and the other for Merida's relationship with her mom. I love my mom so this one really hit in the feels.



Monsters, Inc. (2001)
James Sullivan and Mike Wazowski are monsters, they earn their living scaring children and are the best in the business... even though they're more afraid of the children than they are of them. When a child accidentally enters their world, James and Mike suddenly find that kids are not to be afraid of and they uncover a conspiracy that could threaten all children across the world.

I still smile so wide whenever Boo says "Mike Wazowski!". It's so cute. The scene from at the sushi restaurant is something that I will remember forever because Disney had that scene on TV as a promotional clip when this movie was about to be aired on TV for the first time. I mean Boo saying "boo!" to a bunch of monsters and them freaking out over a little girl was iconic.



Toy Story (1995)
Led by Woody, Andy's toys live happily in his room until Andy's birthday brings Buzz Lightyear onto the scene. Afraid of losing his place in Andy's heart, Woody plots against Buzz. But when circumstances separate Buzz and Woody from their owner, the duo eventually learns to put aside their differences.

My all-time favorite Pixar movie. Hands down. This movie was the movie that made me appreciate animation so much after watching a special episode or documentary of the Toy Story franchise's history. I loved all three movies. The fourth and recent one was kinda okay for me. I didn't love it on the same level as the first three but it was still... okay. Anyway, the Toy Story movies are just a favorite and I've literally memorized all the scenes. Legit. I still remember when I was a kid, I'd leave my toys unattended in my room during playtime and pretend to walk away then I'd open the door like some kind of member of the S.W.A.T. team to see if some of them moved or if there's any suspicious change of positions lol those were the days.



Do you have any favorite Pixar films?
If so, share them down below!




14 comments:

  1. Yes! I love all of these movies too and have watched them multiple times. I have a very fond memories watching Bugs Life at a sleepover with some childhood friends. I haven't watched Monsters Inc in a while and need to do so. I'm quite excited for Disney+ so I can watch a lot of these movies again! It's going to be fun though RIP my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a cute memory! I badly want to get Disney+ but I'm subscribed to a lot of other streaming sites at the moment but I'd gladly drop the subscription for Disney+

      Delete
  2. First off, I'm impressed you know which films are Pixar and which are Disney. Then again, maybe *everyone* knows this and I'm just easily impressed. LOL I'm afraid I haven't seen a single one of these. I've heard of them all, but never seen them. Guess I am missing out? :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got both mixed up before and after I thought that Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Studios are the same 😅 Nah, it's okay, Tanya! But if ever you'd like to watch, I suggest starting from Toy Story. The animation gets better by each release, also because of technology's advancement.

      Delete
  3. I'm a huge fan of Pixar, too, although I haven't seen all of their films so far yet. Brave was definitely a great film. I also loved Wall-E, Inside Out, and Coco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh Inside Out is an honorable mention! I teared-up watching that film!

      Delete
  4. OMG I love A Bug's Life!!!! I haven't seen it in forever though! I think I'm in need of a rewatch!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a nice feeling when you've watched a movie you remembered loving so many years ago 💗

      Delete
  5. Brave and Monster's, Inc are two of my most favorite Disney movies ever. I love Brave partly because finally a princess who doesn't even want to get married, and also because I love Scotland with all my heart and soul. It is the most beautiful country in the whole world. Monster's, Inc has been a fave since long before my daughter was born, and she loves it also. I was so happy to find that Monsters University was just as good; I always get nervous about prequels and sequels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, prequels/sequels can either be good or bad. Toy Story 2 and 3 were good for me, same goes for Monsters University. Sadly, Cars 2 & 3 weren't exactly my type. That's so cute that you and your daughter share the same favorite!

      Delete
    2. I was so disappointed in Cars 2 and 3 because I liked the first one so much. I liked the original Toy Story fine enough, but it has never been a fave even though I LOVE TOM HANKS. I've seen all except the 4th, and will probably see it at some point because Eleanor likes them, but it is not something I am rushing out to see.

      Delete
  6. Monsters Inc and Toy Story are up there as favourites of mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Monsters Inc seems to be a favorite 💗

      Delete
  7. Aw Bug's Life! I LOVED that one when I was a kid :)

    ReplyDelete