♫ I'D NEVER WALK CORNELIA STREET AGAIN ♫ The Lover Book Tag

....because Cornelia Street is the song that's been stuck in my head for 2 weeks now.

Another book tag!! I love this album and it was fun doing this tag while listening to the songs. My favorites still remain Afterglow, Cornelia Street, Cruel Summer, Death by a Thousand Cuts, Daylight, Paper Rings, London Boy and Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince.

- Tagged by Jess at Booked J (I originally put three books for each question like what Jess did but then I spaced out on some so I just put two lol)
- Tag created by Vicky at What Vicky Read



I FORGOT THAT YOU EXISTED (a book on your TBR that you'd completely forgotten about)
I've always wanted to read Hex Hall but I never got to it for some unknown reason. And while I was cleaning up my TBR, I saw it and thought if I should or should not bother anymore. Same goes for Meet Cute.


CRUEL SUMMER (a perfect summer read)
I haven't read Lola and the Boy Next Door in so long but it's one of my favorite YA contemporaries. And also Listen to Your Heart. Plus look at that cover. Summer-ish.


LOVER (your favorite book/series)
These are just some of my favorite books and series - The Wrath and the Dawn and Saving Francesca



THE MAN (an amazing female character)
Zafira from We Hunt the Flame and Kiara from The Camorra Chronicles!! I love these ladies who know what to fight for and have great character development.


I THINK HE KNOWS (a book everyone knows you love)
I think people know how much I love Sydney Sage so of course, that connects to the Bloodlines Series. And people do know how much I love Lauren Layne's books.


THE ARCHER (a book from your childhood because you never grew up)
These are two of my favorites when I was a kid. Are You My Mother? was just full of illustrations and the baby bird asking everyone "are you my mother?" because he was looking for his mom lol it was really cute. I was like 3 or 4 years old when my mom read this book to me. The other is The Berenstain Bears and the Pumpkin. My kiddie heart was amused by this book because this was a low-key mystery book.


MISS AMERICANA AND THE HEARTBREAK PRINCE (a book that makes you so sad you could paint the town blue)
I'm sad for other reasons. The Grishaverse all and all, I fell out of love with this series. And Allegiant? Yeah, this book ruined the Divergent Trilogy for me.


PAPER RINGS (you favorite OTP)
Recently, I read The City of Brass and I LOOOVEEE Nahri and Dara. I mean, they're not official yet but I ship it and I will go down with it. ALSO JUNEDAY from the Legend Series!!! Someone from Twitter tweeted about Juneday with this song but made it "I like shiny things but I'd marry you with paper(clip) rings"... and I almost wept.


CORNELIA STREET (a book that lived up to the hype)
I saw these books around a lot either on Goodreads and in the blogosphere but I didn't know anything about them aside from the basics. Red, White & Royal Blue and One of Us Is Lying were so worth the read.


DEATH BY A THOUSAND CUTS (a book that saying goodbye to is death by a thousand cuts so you just have to reread it again)
THE STILETTO AND OXFORD FAM'S RELATIONSHIP WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND ENJOYABLE TO READ AND I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER. The Oxford Series is literally one of the few spin-offs I love so much that did justice to the characters of its prequel, the Sex, Love & Stiletto Series. I love the character interactions and relationships between the characters of the two series so much.


LONDON BOY (a book based in London)
My OG London Boy aka William Owen Herondale from The Infernal Devices Trilogy. And if I remember correctly, the Precious Stones Trilogy was also set in London. I haven't read the books in forever.


SOON YOU'LL GET BETTER (a book that brighten ups your sky)
Two of my recent reads and I love them both a lot and they made me happy - Faking Ms. Right and Love on Lexington Avenue


FALSE GOD (a book that you could reread over again because it still does it for you, babe)
Hands dow The Wicked Deep and More Than Words. The latter will always, ALWAYS, get me especially that scene in chapter 27.


YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN (an LGBTQ+ book you'd gladly recommend)
Another recent read.. or reads. Dating Sarah Cooper and Colorblind. I'm loving Siera Maley's books so I'm interested to read more of her works.


AFTERGLOW  *it's not the book, it's me (a book that wasn't for you)
Say You Still Love Me and From Lukov With Love. I know a lot of people loved these books and while I do like the authors, these books weren't just "it".


ME! (a character you relate to)
Katy from the Lux Series with her book-blogging life (like gurrrlll, SAME) and Emilia from Sinners of Saint Series with her artistic self and her love for cherry blossoms. I mean, I'm not that into cherry blossoms but they are beautiful and one of my favorites.


IT'S NICE TO HAVE A FRIEND (a character you'd love to be friends with)
I'd really love to befriend Annabeth Chase and Nico de Angelo from Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Also the ladies from The Lunar Chronicles.


DAYLIGHT (a book you weren't sure of at first but turned out to be amazing)
I wasn't sure of this because this was quite a long book but I flew through A Thousand Splendid Suns. For The Piper's Son, I wasn't sure of this because Marchetta's books are usually challenging to read but this was so worth it and became one of my favorite books.



BONUS: Favorite Taylor Swift Album
I'm torn between Speak Now and 1989 but but BUT... Lover is slowly becoming a favorite too because I have more than 5 favorite tracks from the album and that says a LOT.





DONE!!!
Tagging everyone who wants to do this!



4 comments:

  1. I NEED to do this tag! While I was reading your answers, I was already answering the prompts with my own! I hope I remember them when I sit down to do this lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun tag! I also adored The Wicked Deep, and Zafira is one of my fave MCs of 2019. Loved reading this post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to do it if you wanna 💓 And yes, Zafira!! We Hunt the Flame is one of my best reads this year and I love her already.

      Delete