Sunday Post #03: A Pendulum Clock & Buzzfeed Videos


This week was quite eventful. A total upgrade from last week I must say.

One thing that truly made my week entertaining was the new clock in the house because it's a pendulum clock (a modern-looking one). I wasn't even a fan of it because its ticking is loud though I got used to it already. And I totally forgot that it makes a sound when it hits a certain hour so last Friday at almost midnight, I was feeling hazy from sleep (my mind was totally out of this universe) and I went to the kitchen to get some water, and that's just when the clock decided to let everyone in the house know that it's 12 MN. It gave me a freakin' jump scare when it made a sound. And what happens next? I suddenly remember all those horror movies I've watched that had pendulum clocks sounding at midnight. I ran back as fast as I could to my room like a guilty person getting chased by a debt collector. My mom heard my footsteps and asked why I was running at midnight like a lunatic. I had to nervouslylaugh at myself the next day.

The ghosts hovering around me were probably laughing and thanking me for saving them from having to work a tactic to scare me because I did a good one by myself. And that's a little fact I read from Reader's Digest a long time ago that each person has 2-3 ghosts with them LOL I don't know how legit or how they even know it but oh well, it's part of the exciting things in life.

I'm sorry that that was quite long.
Finally, let's go to the book talk because I've been productive in reading lately.





First of all, I FINALLY COMPLETED MY 2019 READING CHALLENGE! This is really huge for me because this is the first time I'm this early in completing the challenge. And with 100 books, I feel so relieved because I when I decided a number of books I wanna achieve reading, I originally planned for 50-60 because last year, real life kept my so busy that I expected it will be the same this year. I am still busy though but I did manage to insert some reading time here and there. I miss feeling this accomplished in reading.


RECENT POSTS THIS WEEK:



BOOKS READ THIS WEEK: 

      

  • Sex, Love & Stiletto Series by Lauren Layne (I read all 4 books and I'm proud of myself for getting through it. I enjoyed the series and Just One Night is definitely a favorite / REVIEW HERE)
  • Raw (RAW Family, #1) by Belle Aurora (★★ / I could say this was dark like what the blurb said but it was predictable for me. I don't even know if I want to continue the series because the epilogue invited a new story to be told and well, it has a book #3 for it but I didn't connect to the characters nor was I really into the story.)
  • The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker (★★★★ / Finally, a story that made me sad.)
  • Scythe (Scythe, #1) by Neal (★★★.5 / I liked the concept but I needed more from it. If this was a chicken about to be cooked, I'd say it needed more seasoning.)

CURRENTLY READING: 

 

  • Fumbled by Alexa Martin (I'm actually almost done with the book as I'm typing this post.)
  • A Place in the Sun by R.S. Grey (Trying to go for something outside my TBR and read one of R.S. Grey's popular books.)

TBR UPDATE: 

  • 19/31. That's quite an upgrade. About to be 29 soon because I have the RAW Family Trilogy in my TBR but I'm not sure anymore if I want to continue reading the rest of the books. As for The Dark Elements Series, I still have strong plans to read the books. BUT, I feel like reading them once The Harbinger Series' second book's release date comes to a close (definitely in 2020) because I plan to reread Storm and Fury right after I finish TDE. I like to keep my mind's memories of the prequel fresh... and I just like to read about Trinity Marrow again. I love that girl, just so anyone knows. So we goin' 31 to 29 to 25. 25 for the TBR. Now it's 19/25. I think I'm good.

BOOKS I GOT: 

  
  

Faking Ms. Right by Claire Kingsley / Lies by Kylie Scott / Filthy Vows by Alessandra Torre
Kiss and Break Up (Magnolia Cove, #1) by Ella Fields / Rush by Emma Scott / The Guy on the Right by Kate Stewart





WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO:


  • Waffles - I had an appointment for my braces' adjustment last Tuesday and I decided to go get some waffles after. I didn't even care that my teeth hurt after the adjustment. I WANTED THOSE WAFFLES. But sadly, it was raining so hard the entire day that I didn't get to sit and enjoy the waffles I ordered because I had to drive back home right after I got them. I didn't want to deal with the traffic jam and I had my appointment in the afternoon and I wanna get home before the sun sets. It's hard driving on a rainy night. 
  • Buzzfeed Videos - I used to watch Buzzfeed videos back then for the food (I mean there's Tasty but Buzzfeed got its own food videos as well). Out of boredom, I started watching their videos again and I landed on Hannah Williams' Mom In-Progress videos... and I got hooked. I LOVE HER VIDEOS. It started with me watching her I Let My Kids Meal Plan Our Week to every Mom In-Progress video that's been posted. Her kids are so sweet and cute and she's a great mom and her husband's also a great dad. It was so fun watching their family and how she let her kids have the reigns on certain things for like a week.




How about you?
How was your week?

Here's me spreading virtual hugs and happy thoughts to you all ♡




11 comments:

  1. I just laughed out loud! 😂 My mom has a grandfather clock as well but thankfully, the noise is low and it doesn't scare you as much. Although, I imagine at midnight it would scare anybody 😂
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story about the new clock and you! We bought a big beautiful clock (expensive, too!) for our thirtieth anniversary, but it stopped after about two years and we never got it fixed. It ticked loudly, too.

    Congratulations on achieving your Goodreads book goal! That's big, isn't it?!

    I hope you have a wonderful week. Maybe you can enjoy some waffles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how mundane noises can scare the bejezzus outta you in the middle of the night. Lol!

    I hope you manage to get lots of uninterrupted sleep next week, Chai and enjoy your reads. Here's my Sunday Post
    Flora x

    ReplyDelete
  4. couldn't help but laugh at our midnight run. made me think of the run to my bed after turning off the light when i was younger. to avoid the monster under the bed. lol
    sherry @ Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  5. The clock story made me giggle. I scream when startled (completely involuntary reaction, lol) so I'd have woken the entire house up!

    Well done on completing your goodreads challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahah this made me laugh! The clock story! I would totally be you. Also, on a related note of really wanting food but it not going as planned: My husband and I celebrated our anniversary and went to a SPECIFIC restaurant to get a SPECIFIC dessert. But they ended up surprising us with a free totally different dessert & now I still really want Crème Brulee hahahah first world problems, I mean, free dessert! But my craving is still there lol

    I hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to get a new clock for the house! Glad you love it!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays

    ReplyDelete
  8. My in-laws have two pendulum clocks and on the rare occasions we have to stay overnight they tick so loud I never sleep well.
    Sorry you missed out on your waffles.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren Layne is always a sure bet for me. I adored the Stiletto series. All the books were great, but the last one really wowed me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on reaching your 2019 book goal!! Wow, 100 books and it's just July. *insert cheerleading gif here*

    And omg the idea that there are 2-3 ghosts with every person... I'm not sure if that's scary or just sad. Maybe they're also looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your week treats you well this week and that you accomplish as much reading as you hope to! Excited to see your thoughts on Fumbled.

    AND HONESTLY? Your story about the clock is 100% and I'm right there with you. I am laughing with you because I totally get it!! I'm a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to nighttime noises that sneak up on me.

    ReplyDelete