Sunday Post #02: Spotify and Romance Over Fantasy


My week has been kind of unproductive reading-wise. From Lukov With Love also took up so much of my time that I didn't get to reply to visitors' comments (I'm actually doing it now while I'm making this post) because I blog with my laptop and my laptop only. So I'm so sorry to the people whom I haven't replied to yet. I don't like blogging with my phone because the functions feel so limited. I focused myself on reading this week and avoided my laptop for a while. The only time I was on it was when I was watching movies. Had to turn off the internet while I was at it to avoid temptation.




RECENT POSTS THIS WEEK:


BOOKS READ THIS WEEK: 


 
  • From Lukov With Love by Mariana Zapata (★★.5 / I didn't find this as enjoyable as I hoped for which is sad because I really loved Kulti and The Wall of Winnipeg and Me.)
  • The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas (★★ / As I said in my Goodreads mini review, for a thriller mystery, this wasn't as thrilling as it should have been.)

CURRENTLY READING: 

 
  • After the Kiss by Lauren Layne (This is taking me 500 years to read. I was supposed to get into this yesterday but I had a headache so I didn't get into reading.)
  • Just One Night by Lauren Layne (Second book in the Sex, Love & Stiletto series. I'm trying to marathon the series since it's complete and I've read its spin-off already.)

BOOKS I GOT

  • Surprisingly, I didn't buy any book this week despite me wanting to buy War by Laura Thalassa (Goodreads). I'm trying not to buy anything yet because I have sooo many books in my TBR and I wanna focus on them first. Plus I kinda wanna save money since school's about to start soon. I don't wanna spend impulsively (I do this with books and clothes a lot) since art materials are gonna be painful on the budget soon. Art materials are so expensive :\ 

ROMANCE OVER FANTASY

  • Lately, fantasy books doesn't seem too appealing to me. I love both romance and fantasy but I kinda wanna focus on reading romance books more these days. Fantasy doesn't seem to have the same pull as it did back then. For me, anyway. The last fantasy book I enjoyed was Storm and Fury by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Now, I have fantasy books for my July TBR but I kinda don't feel like reading them anymore. Except Scythe by Neil Shusterman though. I still wanna get into that.




WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO


  • Spotify - I love music. And I have this bad habit of changing playlists again and again. I have multiple playlists and they are really specific for every mood. Like I have a playlist for when driving at night, a morning one, a playlist for when I'm about to sleep, a playlist that's only for acoustic covers, etc. LOL. I'm a chaotic mess when it comes to this stuff.
  • School - School starts next month and I've been busy trying to queue my posts here specifically my Top Ten Tuesdays and Can't Wait Wednesdays. I'm gonna be so busy again and this was one of the reasons why I stopped blogging before. Heck, it even stopped me from enjoying books too because I was too focused and busy that at the end of the day, I just wanna sleep. Reading a book hardly an option.
  • Sleeping - Lately I've been feeling confused with my emotions. One moment I'm happy, the next I feel so sad that at one point this week I started crying for no reason. I've resulted to sleeping a lot too that's why I was quite unproductive aside from how the book I mentioned about was taking it forever for me. But I'm feeling alright now. I'm getting through by listening to soft music and detaching myself from some negativity in my life. 




9 comments:

  1. My Spotify playlist consists mostly of 80’s hits that I can dance and sing along with while I’m doing housework. Sounds like you’re a little anxious about school starting up again soon, stay positive and focus on improving your well being,

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I have a specific playlist for 80's hits (along with a bit of 70's and early 90's) I'm actually kind of excited to go back to school but yeah, I think part of me is kinda anxious but I wouldn't say it's the main reason. And thank you so much! I hope you're healthy and good.

      Delete
  2. My last several days have been super unproductive reading-wise. I (supposedly) started a new book on Thursday and have yet to make it past page 5. Ha! Just keep getting distracted by a million other things. Ugh, trying to blog or even comment on the phone is such a pain. I never even bother. Sorry to hear the Zapata book was a disappointment. :( I've never actually used Spotify. Oops! LOL Sorry that things have been rough emotionally. I hope this week is a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting distracted really takes the fun out of reading sometimes. I'm pulling through right now but at such a slow pace. Ah the Zapata book. It was a shame honestly. I had fun at first then it started losing my interest a bit. I'd still read her other books that's for sure though. And thank you, Tanya! I hope you're doing well too.

      Delete
  3. I'm totally with you on romance over fantasy!
    I blog mostly on my phone since u barely have time to sit down and use my laptop. It's gotten to the point where I make my posts on my phone. 99% of my posts have been done through my phone. And I always reply to comments and visit blogs on my phone because otherwise, I'd have days worth of that and it gets overwhelming for me.
    I love that LL series! Oxford series is amazing for me, especially the book Someone Like You! Lincoln 😍
    I stopped blogging before because I just couldn't find the time to blog anymore. Which is why, this time around, I use my phone and set up days to blog, like Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. If I have a fourth post, I usually schedule it for Monday. And this has helped me to stay organized and still want to keep blogging :) I don't get overwhelmed. Plus, I also set up times during the day to blog, like half an hour to reply/visit blogs, half an hour to write a post, sometimes more, depending on my schedule for that specific day. I'm telling you, try using your phone for blogging for an hour each day. I'm slowly becoming dependant on it and it saves me so much more time. If you need any help, I'm only a message away :)
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still like fantasy but I like if it has the element of romance in it. I like picking up a new ship/otp lol!

      Ohh I used to have an app for my blog but I most of my edits and stuff are here on my laptop so it was difficult haha though I do visit other blogs through phone.

      I'm on the third book in the SLS series and I agree, Oxford is amazing though. AND YES! SOMEONE LIKE YOU!! Lincoln and Daisy's story has a soft spot for me. I do like how LL kept giving us breadcrumbs of the two like them planning their wedding, their actual wedding, and we got a time-skip of them with kids. I love being spoiled LMAO.

      I LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU SO MUCH. I hope you know that it's the same with me. You can message me anytime. Thank you, Gen ♥

      Delete
  4. Gasp! You didn't like From Lukov With Love?! It's my favourite Zapata! Ah well, to each their own. :)

    I hope you have a better reading week this week. War is one I've been looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also adored From Lukov, With Love (high five) so it's a shame that you didn't like it! But I also want to read more romance so... am now following you, Chai!

      Delete
    2. Yeah but it won't stop me from reading other books by Zapata. That one wasn't just my taste though I did have some aspects that I liked.

      And thank you to the both of you <33

      Delete