WWW Wednesday #03: These Witches Don't Burn, Soul of the Sword, Storm and Fury

Hosted by: Taking on a World of Words

THE THREE W'S ARE
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?

CURRENTLY READING:


I am currently reading These Witches Don't Burn but I've had this book in my hands for two days now and... I just couldn't get into it. And no, it's not because of the story because I'm still 4% in. It's just I'm quite in a little slump after my last read. I was riding high on its story. I was too immersed to move on. That's probably it. And I hate feeling like this because I have a goal this June. I have an entire TBR and I wanted to be faithful to this TBR because I have so many books in my shelves and e-readers that are waiting to be picked up.

I'm hoping that Soul of the Sword will end this slump because this is a sequel I've been waiting for SO MUCH. Shadow of the Fox was so good and I was literally too impatient waiting for the next book after that ending.

RECENTLY READ: 


So here's the book that got me into The Slump.

I've been intrigued by this book even though I haven't read its prequel series. On a whim, I decided "why not?" and that's it. Storm and Fury was worth it and JLA's writing didn't disappoint me. I love her style and the way she writes her characters are always so fun and interesting to read. I finished this book in one sitting and it gave me a wonderful headache after because I was reading this in my Kindle and my eyesight was just.... hmmmm...

Anyway, I reviewed this book here. I recommend this wholeheartedly.


TO-BE READ:

Nothing here.

Last week's post, I was supposed to read The Antidote next but I decided to go for These Witches Don't Burn instead. But here I am with the slump. I don't wanna put a book here without even knowing if this slump is gonna fade away or if it decides to stay for a while. IT SUCKS.



5 comments:

  1. Hi Chai!

    I'm sorry about The Slump. Unfortunately I know the feeling all too well. I've been having loads of them recently. Picking up some manga and graphic novels has helped me to still be reading something. But it does suck especially if you do FEEL like reading but it's just not working out. I hope reading Soul of the Sword works out for you and that The Slump will go away soon.

    I just got back into blogging again and started of with a WWW Wednesday post. If you want to check it out: https://thenightisdarkandfullofbooks.wordpress.com/2019/06/19/%E2%80%8Bwww-wednesday-hi-its-me-nikki-yes-im-still-alive/

    Best wishes, Nikki @Thenightisdarkandfullofbooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nikki and welcome back to blogging!

      I know. It sucks because I've wanted to read these books for a while and well, the slump happened. But I'm kinda getting through right now so hopefully it'll disappear.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, reading slumps are the worst. Blah. Hope that passes quickly.
    I really enjoyed Storm and Fury. Armentrout is one of my favorites and I loved the original Dark Elements trilogy that this one is a spin-off from. I loved the scenes with Roth in Storm and Fury! He was my favorite from the earlier books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm definitely checking the TDE series out! Roth made me laugh in Storm and Fury and that was enough for me to decide to read the previous series.

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to read These Witches Don't Burn, but reading slumps are real, and they're so hard to overcome sometimes. D: Hope you're able to! I just finished Soul of the Sword this week, and it is soooo worth a read. I'm still hyped about it, ha. I so need to read Storm and Fury. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! Happy reading.

    Here's my WWW post.

    ReplyDelete