TTT #02: Most Anticipated Books of the Second Half of 2019


I didn't have that much anticipated releases for the second half of 2019 and some of these were just recently added to my TBR. I'm still in the midst of reading the books I was excited to read last 2017 and 2018 but was unable to because of personal life and I kind of got the slump. So I'm making up for the lost time and I'm not adding more books on my TBR tower especially now that I still have a LOT I want to read that have already been released during the years of me losing my motivation to pick up a book.

But here are some of the books I am excited to read. Numbers 1 and 2 are accurate, the rest aren't in order.



 MOST ANTICIPATED BOOKS OF THE SECOND HALF OF 2019 




01. Rebel (Legend, #4) by Marie Lu - The Legend Trilogy, if you know me and have been through my blog (both this one and my previous one), you'd know how much I love that trilogy and how much I love JuneDay (hands down one of my favorite YA couples ever). I've already expressed my excitement for this book in this post so I'm not gonna repeat it here but finally there's a cover! Okay. // Release Date: October 01

02. Supernova (Renegades, #3) by Marissa Meyer - Another one of my favorite series even though the second book was kinda underwhelming (or maybe because I was still in a slump reading it, I don't know, I might reread) and if I'm not mistaken, this is the conclusion of the trilogy. I really hope I'm right because as much as I love the books, I kind of want this to end now. Series going on for longer than three books are either a hit or miss. // Release Date: November 05

03. The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1) by Renée Ahdieh - I don't know but I trust this author and I really love her writing. MURDERS AND VAMPIRES AND ROMANCE. It seems like this year, the vampire stories in YA is rising once again and I'm not complaining. // Release Date: October 08

04. The Prenup by Lauren Layne - One of my go-to authors whenever I seek for a quick romantic read. I've read a ton of her books and this one's about two people who got married but haven't seen each other ten years after that. Ten years later, they have to live under the same roof for three months before they can file for a divorce *coughANDI'MHEREFORITcough* // Release Date: July 11

05. House of Salt and Sorrow by Erin A. Craig - This was one of the books I recently added and I don't know what retelling this is but it's interesting. Twelve sisters are cursed. Each one sneaks around at night to dance in ball gowns and shimmering shoes and they either disappears or die. // Release Date: August 06




06. Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren - First of all, that cover is really cute. Second, this is a second-chance romance and I like those tropes. Also, it's by Christina Lauren. I have to admit though that their books are a hit or miss for me but still, I like to read some cute contemporary romance. // Release Date: October 22

07. Sea Witch Rising (Sea Witch, #2) by Sarah Henning - Retelling of The Little Mermaid and not Disney's version but the one by Hans Christian Andersen. Also, this is a sequel to the first book and you need to read the first one. I actually wasn't expecting a sequel but book 1 had me sad AF so I really REALLY hope things go right this time. // Release Date: August 06

08. Here There Are Monsters by Amelinda Bérubé - A horror book, it says. Big sister and little sister moves in to a new town to start over but little sister seemed to be distant and started acting strange like going to the woods until she disappeared. I think the blurb got me with the line "something awful comes scratching at Skye's window (the big sister)". // Release Date: August 01

09. Songs from the Deep by Kelly Powell - Another siren book. I LOVE SIREN/MERMAID BOOKS A LOT. So of course, this one went straight to the TBR tower. // Release Date: November 05

10. Maybe This Time by Kasie West - Ending this list with one of my go-to authors in YA contemporary romance. If I want a cute, sweet and light read YA read, I'd pick a Kasie West book. Though I'd be honest, like what I said in #6 about Christina Lauren's books, this is also a hit or miss situation, but still....  // Release Date: July 09


16 comments:

  1. House of Salt and Sorrow is on my list this week too! 😊
    My TTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Prenup sounds like so much fun. I think I will have to check that one out! Thanks for the tip.

    My TTT: https://thebookdutchesses.com/2019/06/18/ttt-84-most-anticipated-releases-of-the-second-half-of-2019/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about House of Salt and Sorrow as well.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I want to read so many of these! Curious about Sea Witch Rising!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Prenup sounds like a fun read! And it releases on my birthday, score! LOL

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's cool! It's gonna be a book birthday for you and the author!!

      Delete
  6. Rebel! Can't wait for that one. Did you get the chance to read the Rebel sampler? They posted it up on the Fierce Reads web site. I didn't know Sea Witch was getting a sequel either. I got the first one on sale but I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see a tweet linked to it but I decided not to read because I don't think I'm gonna be able to contain myself if I read a tiny teaser from it LOL. I had fun and pain reading Sea Witch. It was kind of a nice twist to the original Little Mermaid Story.

      Delete
  7. Prenup by Lauren Layne sounds right up my alley! But she's a bit of a hit or miss author for me like Christina Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! What I like about hers though is that they're short so they're really quick to read haha

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness, how had I not heard about The Prenup?! Lauren Layne is so perfect for when I want something a little on the lighter side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know until I started looking for books that are to be released this later half of 2019. It was a treat to find.

      Delete
  9. There are mermaid books. And I didn't know about them. A CRIME! I love mermaid books! (and pirate books... anything set on or at sea really XD )
    I also love reading cute fluffy contemporary that makes me SquEEEe! I haven't heard of Lauren Layne before but... I'm going to trust you here and dive in face first! The Prenup sounds super cute! BEcaUsE tHeY'Re TotaLLy gOiNG tO fIlE fOr DivOrCe!! *coughcough*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TRULY A CRIME!! You'd LOOOOVEEEE Daughter of the Pirate King (it's a duology) because it's both a siren AND pirate book!

      This author's books are quick light reads for me and she has so many books so I hope you'd find ones you enjoy!! *coughcough* wE LoVe ThAT TrOPe *coughcough*

      Delete
  10. SUCH GOOD PICKS. Taste! In all seriousness, I'm excited for pretty much all of these as well! AND I JUST STARTED READING LAUREN LAYNE a few weeks ago and I'm SO ready for ANY and every book by her.

    ReplyDelete