Sunday Post #12: It's Been a Long While


HELLO... again.
Wow, my last post was on February 11 and we're on the 1st day of March now lol. Talk about inactive... 

This post won't be a lot about books or any other media though. It's just gonna be me updating you all on what's happening in my life and why I've been quite inactive here.

So to quote myself from my last Sunday Post, "Back to Blogging.... For Now"

I added the "for now" in the title because I don't know how it's going to be for the next semester and I only have a month break so we'll see first.

Well then. The semester properly started around the second week of February even though it supposedly started around January. Schedule changes, even some teacher changes.

Anyway blogging felt like a distant thing to me these days not because I don't feel it anymore but because I'm going through something personally. I do, however, still interact and make a presence online through social media (mostly Twitter) but sometimes life really wants me down. I've talked to some of my closest friends about this and I'm just glad they're willing to listen and help. I'm thinking of seeing a therapist which is something that makes me nervous and scared... and I don't know why. But I want to seek help and get better because this "feeling" comes back to me from time to time these days and I don't want to back to what happened to me in 2016-2017. I worked so hard to stay mentally healthy even if saying the word "healthy" seems to be much of a stretch. I'm trying. I'm just trying. Also, I'm looking for a new place and the thought of it is stressing me out and it's just making things worse so I'm distracting myself with positive things as much as I can.

To lighter topics:

I'm feeling good about posting again. I was supposed to post a review for Love Her or Lose Her by Tessa Bailey since I finished it on January 28 but... things happened. Despite what I've been dealing with mentally, reading was what's keeping me afloat. I'm happy to be reading and not getting into a slump (yet). I am still going to post a review but not yet today. Maybe some time next week or the week after that.

Another thing that's making me feel good these days is making edits for romance books. Now I've recently opened my Instagram account (the public one) to post my bookish edits so if you like edits and romance books, give my LIKE CHAI TEA account there a follow. I was supposed to make this a bookstagram (you know, the one with pictures of books and all other bookish things) but for the life of me, I don't have time to make a set up or keep a theme. I'm also hardly buying physical copies lately so it's not really fun for me to take pics of my Kindle for like 90% of the time. My e-reader's my bestie these days because it's convenient for me to carry it around in public. SOOO yeah, my IG account is just for bookish edits. I'm having fun there too because it's nice interacting with the authors and other readers who also make pretty edits.

Anyway I got a looot of books during my absence here which I won't be listing one by one because it would definitely take up a whole blog post. One series I particularly love though is Fulton U by Maya Hughes. This is a New Adult contemporary romance series and it's got sports as a theme, it's a college-setting romance, and we got a lot of baking going on here. I really love this series. I love the characters (they're so likable and fun, and they're the kind of group you wanna be a part of) and the world Maya built. I want to write a series review for this but I'm still waiting for the final installment which will be coming out in 2021 (sadly).

  

Lastly, I am not a 100% back but I do have lots of upcoming posts sitting in my drafts ready to be published. I'm actually excited to be sharing these topics. But first, I gotta get back on posting some Top Ten Tuesdays and Can't Wait Wednesdays. I missed out on a lot of interesting topics for TTT.

I'm sorry if this post is boring because it's just full of texts but this is really just an update on what's happened. I miss interacting with you here so hopefully, the next few days will be good for me.



Lots of love,


10 comments:

  1. Sometimes reading can be such a positive distraction or just really helpful! Glad it's that way for you too. Whatever you're going through, sending you best wishes and vibes. :)

    I hear you on Bookstagram too, I want to do nice bookish posts haha but I never seem to find the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg. The books are my happy place at the moment and I'm thankful I'm feeling motivated to read everyday because it's helping my mind ease up a bit.

      Right? I lack the time but I also lack the resources (like the things I wanna put for the set-up) plus I could never stick to a theme *sigh

      Delete
  2. Glad you're back in whatever capacity works for you. Also, happy to hear reading was a source of enjoyment for you during a difficult time. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam. Reading really helped - still is, actually - and I'm currently clinging to it at the moment because it gives me a calm feeling no matter what genre I'm reading.

      Delete
  3. Asking for help when you need it is a healthy thing to do, I hope you find it.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've been going through a rough time. I know talking to someone can seem scary, but once you start you'll feel a weight lifted. The best sign is recognizing you need help, and being willing to ask for it. Good luck, and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been feeling okay opening up to some of the people I'm closest to and trust the most but it hits different when I'll be talking to someone professional. I'm nervous but I do want to get help and be better.

      Delete
  5. It’s so good that you have supportive friends that are there for you so important. And talking to a therapist is a great idea. Sometimes an impartial person is just what’s needed. I’m glad you’re considering it. And thank goodness for books and reading! It sounds like they have been a good source of escape and comfort lately. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I'd do without them. I'm not depending on them by any way but I'm simply so grateful that there are people in real life who are willing to listen and actually understand the things I'm going through. I've been in such a mood to read and I really hope it continues to stay this way. I'm loving it here and it calms my mind sometimes.

      Delete