Sunday Post #11: Back to Blogging.... For Now


HELLO!!!
Okay, it's been such a while. So many things happened in the 2-3 weeks I was away lol. I didn't bother blogging because I just didn't have the time. I've been swamped with plates and other school works. I also couldn't blog on my phone because eh, it's not something I'm comfortable in even though I can. Anyway it's good to post something again. I miss interacting here and I miss reading. I haven't touched a book since last month. I've just been so out of it. 

I added the "for now" in the title because I don't know how it's going to be for the next semester and I only have a month break so we'll see first.



( what i just read )

 
I just marathoned the first two books of this series and finished them last month. This is my first Tessa Dare book/s and I'm loving it a loooot. I'm not a big fan of historical romance but Tessa Dare slowly changing my mind on that.


( what i'm currently reading / about to read )

Definitely continuing this series now that I'm free from schoolwork.


( what i've been up to )

FINALS IS OVER AND SO IS THE FIRST SEMESTER, AND I'M BACK HOME FOR CHRISTMAS BREAK. I knew I said I was starting to balance blogging and school but as finals were approaching, it got harder and harder and from then on, I told myself to focus on school and give it my undivided attention because the blog can wait. My studies was my priority and I couldn't risk any distraction. Heck, I haven't even read a book since last month. I've been running on 2-3 hours of sleep almost everyday because of plates and well, here are some of them and that really got me so busy:

• a zine (worth 14 pages of illustrations in pen and ink ONLY)
• an ad series (where we chose what product we'll advertise and create a story series for it)
• a creative brief with a design rationale for the ad series
• a movie poster (where our classmates are the models so we gotta do the whole photoshoot thing)
multiple photoshoots for photography lmaooo
• a human rights poster (where we had to use gouache and recently, I HATE gouache)
• creating a magazine layout (this was actually fun to do but it was time-consuming)
• recreating a poorly-designed billboard
• recreating a product ad from a specific year into a modern one (choices were from the 20's-90's and we picked the 90's)
• recreating a post-impressionist artist's painting (for this one, I picked Van Gogh's Starry Night Over the Rhône)
figure drawings.... yeah

Those are just some by the way. My mind's so fogged the past few days that I hardly remember the other half of the things I did. All I'm grateful for is that now, I can sleep-sleep.

Oh and I recently received some of my grades (my major subjects, in particular) this week and let's just say I'm very proud of it *heart eyes while sobbing emoji* I HARDLY SLEPT AND ATE FOR THESE GRADES AND EVEN THOUGH THAT'S VERY UNHEALTHY (please don't do this, please eat, rest/sleep, and hydrate.. please please please) BUT MY HARD WORK AND MENTAL BREAKDOWNS ARE PAYING OFF.


( what i'm currently watching / about to watch / just watched )

  
FINALLY WATCHED FROZEN II AND MY EYES ARE CRYING BECAUSE OF THE HIGH DEFINITION VISUALS. I have so much respect for the animators and other creatives who worked tirelessly over animated films because this job is not easy. It takes up so much time and patience and I just *cries* I'm actually not a big fan of Frozen but I never miss a Disney movie so... here I am. Also, I just renewed my Netflix subscription now that I'm currently on Christmas break and the first thing I want to marathon is Anne with an E. Sad that this got cancelled after its 3rd season but I still want to watch this Anne of Green Gables adaptation. The cinematography and color palette LOOK GORGEOUS. I'm a sucker for these things as I am for book covers.


( what i'm currently listening )

Love Will Keep Us Alive by Eagles
As I'm writing this post, I'm currently having a music session with my mom and we're listening to this. Mom and I always listen to some throwback love songs every night when I'm home. We started this just this year where I'm on my laptop doing whatever and she's on her phone doing whatever with music playing in the background. It's kinda our thing now.



I hope you're all doing good :)




9 comments:

  1. YEAH! Good to have you back, while we can. Nick and Becky always talk about the Tessa Dare books. They love them. You all almost have me wanting to check them out, though they are not the kind of books I usually read. I am impressed with how much you did considering your course load. I know I inherited my blog, because my daughter and her friends were too busy with school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, SAM!! 😭💖 I miss it here. Dare's books are not really my thing too. The only time I'd read something historical is when I'm reading fantasy, not contemporary romance. But surprisingly it was good. I remember laughing a lot because it was funny (humor was gold). *SIGH* School just had to come first (as it should) and right now, I'm just enjoying my break. No idea what will happen once another semester opens but HARD WOFK and POSITIVITY. ✨✨

      Delete
  2. So good to see a post from you, Chai! I've missed you, girl! :) Big, big congrats on the grades! Sounds like you did really well! No, take your own advice and get some rest and eat and drink properly. Take care of you and the rest will be here when you have time. ♥

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed you too!! And thank you so much. I'm trying *cries* I'm always in a good start at the beginning of the semester but when Finals start rolling, that's when my sleep schedule (and just my health in general) starts falling apart.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on grades! Go you!! :) 2-3 hours of sleep though- yikes. Hope you have a super relaxing and restful break. :)

    I can't blog on my phone either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I salute those who can blog on their phones. And thank you, Greg!! So far I've been sleeping for 8-10 hours now that I'm home haha

      Delete
  4. Well done on achieving the great grades you worked so hard for. Enjoy your time at home.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear all your hard work paid off! Well done! I hope you have a wonderful break over the holidays and just relax and do things for fun!

    ReplyDelete