SEE YOU IN 2020: Books I Failed to Read This Year

Oh the series that I told myself I would read but never did.

Here are the TOP 9 (alright they're not really in order but I just wanna call it that) books I planned on reading this year but my ever-so-distracted-by-other-books self failed to do so. I think I've removed some of them from my Goodreads TBR too since I did a major clean-up earlier this year.

But anyway, here are the 9 and why I didn't bother with them this year oop.



   
SUPERNOVA (RENEGADES, #3)
by Marissa Meyer / Add to: Goodreads

This was one of my most anticipated reads of 2019 but the timing was just not right at all. I'm in the busiest mode of my life right now that I am hardly reading and this released just around the corner of my busy life. Aaaaand... I kinda forgot the events in book 2 so I really need a reread.

WHITE HOT KISS (THE DARK ELEMENTS, #1)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout / Add to: Goodreads

I was supposed to marathon this series ever since I finished the Storm & Fury aka the first book of the spin-off, The Harbinger. But I decided to just do the marathon once Rage & Ruin (book 2) is close so after I finish TDE, I'd dive back right in the spin-off for a fresh memory... even though I've reread S&F 4x already but whatever, I love Trinity (she became one of my ultimate favorite heroines EVER) and Zayne.

THE CRUEL PRINCE (THE FOLK OF THE AIR, #1)
by Holly Black / Add to: Goodreads

I've enjoyed and loved Holly Black's previous works - The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and The Curse Workers Series - but I am trying to get into this and so far it's not happening anytime at all this year. I don't know if it's the hype (which is pretty overwhelming by the way) because the problem with me is that if ever a book/series is hyped a lot, I'm scared to end up not liking it.


  
SORCERY OF THORNS
by Margaret Rogerson / Add to: Goodreads

Oh look, another book I failed to read this year even though I've been telling myself I'll read it before 2019 ends.

HOUSE OF DARKEN (SECRET KEEPERS, #1)
by Jaymin Eve / Add to: Goodreads

I know this is YA but I think it's borderline NA too? Not sure lol, I have a feeling though. Anyway, I have the entire series though I don't know if it's still ongoing but I have the 4 books. I really wanna get into this series and I think it's a companion series so that works too. It's rare to have a companion series in a fantasy genre.

LITTLE WHITE LIES (DEBUTANTES, #1)
by Jennifer Lynn Barnes / Add to: Goodreads

I think - I THINK - this was one of the books I removed from my TBR when I was cleaning it. I've been in the mood for some mystery/thriller contemporary lately so I'm getting back on track starting with this.


   
MAYBE THIS TIME
by Kasie West / Add to: Goodreads

Another anticipated read of 2019 but never got around to read it. I want to read this one before Kasie West's 2019 book - Hearts, Heroes, and Heath Hall comes out.

FAME, FATE, AND THE FIRST KISS
by Kasie West / Add to: Goodreads

I'm slacking off on reading Kasie West's books.
Really.

THE WEDDING DATE (THE WEDDING DATE, #1)
by Jasmine Guillory / Add to: Goodreads
  
I've actually started this but didn't make it past chapter 3 because I read this via physical copy and it wasn't mine. I had to return the copy to the owner who was going away but now I have it on ebook so it's TIME.



Here's to hoping I'd actually 
read all these this 2020.


6 comments:

  1. I read Little White Lies, Fame Fate and the First Kiss, and The Wedding Date. I really enjoyed all three. I hope to read Maybe This Time before the year ends. It was one of my anticipated releases, and I even won a copy, so no excuses. I hope you get to read some of these, because there are some great ones on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to read White Hot Kiss! I pushed that series away for years and when I picked it up this year, I LOVED IT! I fell hard for Roth and Bambi 😍
    TCP is a really great book! Kinda slow-ish at times but super good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a long time since I picked up anything by JLA, hope you enjoy all the books here on your list. It's hard to get to all of them, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cruel Prince is SO hyped and I've been wanting to read that series too, but just... haven't lol. PRobably the hype. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved The Dark Elements series. I remember waiting anxiously for each book to release. I was briefly Team Zayne and then totally Team Roth. LOL I adored Roth and Layla together and there were so many awesome side characters. I was happy to see Zayne get a chance at his own HEA with the new Harbinger series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, don't worry! I've been meaning to read The Cruel Prince for almost two years now and still haven't! I own both Cruel Prince and Wicked King but - as you said - the hype is insane and I'm anxious and not sure. Then it got to the point where book 3 was releasing - has release now - and I figured I may as well wait and binge later! lol

    Sorcery of Thorns is another on my list that I hope to get to at some point... I just dont know when that point will be!

    ReplyDelete