Can't Wait Wednesday #10: Where Dreams Descend

Hosted by: Wishful Endings
Inspired by: Breaking the Spine (no longer hosting)

For this Wednesday, I only have one book.
I got nothing for romance in this CWW post. Sad.



Title: Where Dreams Descend
Series: Kingdom of Cards, #1
Author: Janella Angeles
Publication Date: June 02, 2020
Genres: Fantasy
Add to: Goodreads
A debut fantasy duology pitched as The Phantom of the Opera meets Moulin Rouge, the story follows Hellfire House's star showgirl who, haunted by a dark past, must enter a magician's competition in order to secure her freedom from the handsome, enigmatic keeper of the club, even as mysterious accidents seem to plague her every move.

I'm intrigued at how this was pitched as The Phantom of the Opera meets Moulin Rouge. I enjoyed (and lowkey love) both of those and I'm here for whatever that's related to both as well.

Honestly, the cover was the one that caught my eye first. I'm suddenly hearing Sia singing Chandelier just looking at it. It's really pretty. The blurb caught my attention AND interest second. Plus it deals with magic. MAGIC. I've been reading a ton of romance this year so next year I might dive in for more fantasy because I *whispers* kinda miss the genre. I do wanna read adult fantasy but since this is YA, I'll just deal.



What about you?
What can't you wait for this Wednesday?

5 comments:

  1. I'm interested in this one but do want to see a few reviews before I'm positive. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't actually read Phantom of the Opera, but have always been intrigued by what I know of the story, so this is one that I'm interested in.

    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this one sounds like it will be so good!!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! This is such a beautiful cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hardly read fantasy, but I love the concept. The cover does a good job of conveying the feel of both Moulin Rouge and Phantom as well.

    ReplyDelete