TTT #12: Books On My Fall 2019 TBR


I'm not a big fan of making a TBR list because I usually never stick to them. Although last June and July, I made a TBR list and I was quite successful with it. 

Anyway, for this fall. I decided to have five for creepy/thriller/mystery books and another five for romance books because I need to balance the two. And reading romance always puts me in a good mood (depends on the story anyway). It's like.. I need a dark AND light read for this fall.




Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin (this isn't creepy but it involves witches so it's a perfect time to read this)
House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig (I don't know anything about this book except that it's a retelling but I did saw a kinda creepy fanart of it in Twitter)
Here There Are Monsters by Amelinda Bérubé
Swipe Right for Murder by Derek Milman
The Escape Room by Megan Goldin (because I was intrigued by Gen's - from Whispering Chapters - review of this)



Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan
The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez
The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai
Power Play by Alley Ciz
The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare (finally starting a Tessa Dare book!)



Anyway, has anyone read House of Salt and Sorrows? Is it creepy or even borderline-creepy?
And what books are you planning to read this fall? :)




16 comments:

  1. Great choices!!
    My TTT https://noorlightwoodbts.wordpress.com/?p=1063

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED THE RIGHT SWIPE!! I HOPE YOU DO, TOO! I so want to read Serpent & Dove and House of Salt and Sorrows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I badly wanna read Serpent & Dove and I think it's finally time 😂 EXCITED FOR THE RIGHT SWIPE!

      Delete
  3. I'm in the same place re: House of Salt and Sorrows. I hope you like it!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking forward to this book so I hope so. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Oh I see SO MANY GOOD BOOKS on this list! I adored Serpent & Dove, The Right Swipe and The Duchess Deal! I can't wait to see what you think of your first Dare book! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for my first Dare book! I'm not a fan of historical romance but hey, this book could change my mind.. who knows.

      Delete
  5. I recently won a copy of Swipe Right for Murder so I'm hoping to read that this Fall. Love a good mystery this time of the year.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's my favorite time to read the genre (also some spooky books but not as much as thriller/mystery)

      Delete
  6. The Right Swipe looks really cute!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have tissues ready for the Long Shot. That one had some tough moments, but I loved the series. I really, really liked The Friend Zone, but I know there were things some people didn't like. It was fantastic for me. I went on a crying jag during that one too. Right Swipe was pretty good too. I loved the hero in that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read mixed reviews for The Friend Zone but the good ones did outweigh the negativity for me. Oh wow.. I didn't know Long Shot is going to be emotional. Thanks, Sam!

      Delete
  8. I wish I could read Long Shot for the first time again. That books was incredible. A very difficult read at times, but so, so good. I have The Right Swipe on hold at the library right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I just read Sam's comment and then yours and I think I might read that next. I'm curious to know and ready for some emotional ride.

      Delete
  9. i have so many of these books on my tbr!! also dm me the creepy fanart lol

    ReplyDelete