Here's Something Sweet: Favorite Baking Shows

This is so random but to start off the TV-show-talks-on-the-blog, I decided to go with my Favorite Baking Shows because for some reason, my eyes are always glued to the screen when I flipped the channel to either The Food Network or TLC or The Asian Food Channel and then I see someone baking.

I AM NOT A FAN OF SWEETS. I mean ice cream's an exception, maybe a slice of red velvet cake, and maybe half a cupcake... but that's it. I like chocolates too but I prefer the dark chocolate compared to the rest. Syrup on pancakes or waffles don't count here lol. Yet I still watch these shows because I love watching the process and of course, at how pretty the presentation of the outcome is. But the will to eat them? Nah.

*little side not: I'm a busy bee and I'm trying to find time to comment back and visit blogs lately. Again, I'm trying.

ANYWAY, here's the list.




The Great British Bake Off  •  I don't follow this show nor do I have the contestants' names memorized. However, my eyes really stayed glued to the screen whenever this comes on. I enjoy watching amateurs bake and think to myself "the plating doesn't even look that good but they can still do it better than I can anyway".

Martha Bakes  •  I've watched a lot of Martha's shows and while  I don't follow this one too, I still enjoy it when re-runs of some of the show's episodes are on TV.

Cake Boss  •  Okay, now this is one that I've always anticipated on  TV. I'm always in awe every time they went the extra thousand miles for a cake. One of my favorites was the dragon cake. If I remember, it even breathed fire? Or smoke.. or flapped its wings I FORGOT. BUT I SWEAR IT DID SOMETHING COOL. Another ep that was memorable was when they tried to make that carousel cake but it ended up in a disaster during delivery. It was so sad to watch that hard work get destroyed on the road.

Nailed It  •  This was a random pick when I was going through food-related shows on Netflix. I wanted to watch something fun after I binged a heartbreaking series and this one popped up. I mean, amateur bakers recreating very complicated cakes? What could possible go wrong...



Baked in Vermont  •  This isn't really a show of complicated desserts but I love the setting of being at home and just... baking.

Worst Bakers in America  •  BECAUSE I LOVE THE MESS (and this was funny to watch too)

Ace of Cakes  •  I share the same sentiment I had with Cake Boss. I loooove this show. I also love the dynamic of the crew and of course, the ever-so-complicated cakes. One of my favorite cakes was the one where it has a working rollercoaster design. The things they did to accomplish that cake...

Cake Wars  •  I don't understand why their cakes had to be so tall but whatever, it's part of the fun where the contestants are about to bring in their cake for evaluation and everyone's just worried if the cake will fall off. I've watched an episode where one cake DID fall off and it was just so sad to watch.



Zumbo's Just  Desserts  •  This show isn't any different from other baking competition shows yet for some reason, when it's on TV, I sit down and watch the entire episode.

Extreme  Cake Makers  •  I love the format of this show. They showcase multiple cakes being made by their respected pastry chefs from different locations. And I enjoy watching the different styles, techniques, and the different approach of each chef and their crew when facing the task at hand. One of my favorites here is the one who made a wedding cake with SO MUCH DETAIL on the flowers.

Bake with Anna Olson  •  A FAVORITE! I feel like I've watched all of the episodes. I love the ambiance of her setting, the way there's a close-up look of what's happening INSIDE the oven, I love the kitchen *random but yes*, JUST EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS. This is my mom's favorite too and we enjoy watching this together while commenting "that looks so sweet, I'd never eat that" lol.

DC Cupcakes  •  ANOTHER FAVORITE AND THE REASON WHY I ENJOYING WATCHING THIS KIND OF SHOWS. I've watched all the episodes for this one and it really made me sad that this was so short. I was just amazed with how they managed to design... things... and add the cupcakes to it. It was also fun when the sisters try to outdo each other on whose cupcake is better lol their mom's always the judge.



And that's all of it.

Now, most of these shows involve cake. Question is, will I eat these kind of cakes? And my answer to that is a big NO. Not a fan of too much fondant. I'm not even a fan of cakes in the first place. Aside from red velvet, coffee, and cheesecake. But one slice only then I'm done.



Do you also enjoy watching baking shows?




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE The Great British Bake Off, Nailed It, and Zumbo's Just Desserts! I do wish Cake Boss would update with new episodes on Hulu, but I'll catch up one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cake! Too much fondant is a problem but I do enjoy some. However, I never watch foodie shows including baking shows.

    ReplyDelete