Can't Wait Wednesday #08: The Shadows Between Us & The Worst Best Man


Hosted by: Wishful Endings
Inspired by: Breaking the Spine (no longer hosting)

It's been a while since I've done one for this weekly feature.
So here, two books as usual and this time it's one for fantasy, one for contemporary romance.



Title: The Shadows Between Us
Author: Tricia Levenseller
Publication  Date: February 25, 2020
Genres: Young Adult / Fantasy
Add to: Goodreads
Alessandra is tired of being overlooked, but she has a plan to gain power:

1) Woo the Shadow King.
2) Marry him.
3) Kill him and take his kingdom for herself.

No one knows the extent of the freshly crowned Shadow King’s power. Some say he can command the shadows that swirl around him to do his bidding. Others say they speak to him, whispering the thoughts of his enemies. Regardless, Alessandra knows what she deserves, and she’s going to do everything within her power to get it.

But Alessandra’s not the only one trying to kill the king. As attempts on his life are made, she finds herself trying to keep him alive long enough for him to make her his queen—all while struggling not to lose her heart. After all, who better for a Shadow King than a cunning, villainous queen?

I LOVE HOW THIS SOUNDS ALREADY!!! I hardly get excited for fantasy books lately but this one is one of the few exceptions. Plus Levenseller seemed like a promising author when I read the Daughter of the Pirate King duology and loved it. *this also kinda gives me the wrath and the dawn vibes



Title: The Worse Best Man
Author: Mia Sosa
Publication  Date: February 04, 2020
Genres: Adult / Romance / Contemporary
Add to: Goodreads
Critically acclaimed author Mia Sosa delivers a sassy, steamy enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy about a wedding planner whose new job opportunity forces her to work side-by-side with the best man who ruined her own nuptials: her ex-fiancé's infuriating, irritating, annoyingly handsome brother.

This already sounds like a fun book and I'm always down for some falling-for-the-wrong-person stories. I mean... it sounds like it. I also said I'm not in the mood for enemies-to-lovers these days but I'm kinda getting over that now, slowly. And this comes out next year anyway so there's that.



How about you?
What can't you wait for this Wednesday?



16 comments:

  1. Oooh! The Shadow Between Us sounds really interesting! Great picks!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look great and sound both very intriguing. But if I am honest The Shadows Between Us caught my attention first. Thank you for sharing. And happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover of The Worst Best Man has me laughing. That is too cute. I really want to read that one as well. And, of course, The Shadows Between Us sounds awesome too and is on my wish list. I hope you enjoy both of these! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I just say how much I love your profile picture? And yes, the cover was the first to catch my attention! And the blurb just followed. The Shadows Between Us really does sound awesome so I hope it is once I read it. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I’m not usually the biggest fan of enemies to lovers, I’m much more a friends to lovers kind of girl, but The Worst Best Man does sound like a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends to lovers are the superior! *hides* It really does. I'll be honest, I'm lowkey here for the drama. I mean.. it sounds like there's going to be some in it. And while I don't enjoy it, I hope it's the kind of "drama" that makes me laugh instead of making me feel frustrated.

      Delete
  5. Just added both of these the other day myself. Great picks!
    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely up to give The Shadows Between Us a try. Beautiful cover. Hope you love them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not gonna lie, the cover was what drew me in the first place. I hope the story's just as appealing as the cover art.

      Delete
  7. I just got approved for Worst Best Man yesterday and I am so excited! I have heard great things about Sosa and the story sounds like all sorts of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for you to read it! I hope you enjoy it, Sam! I'm really interested in this book and sounds fun.

      Delete