WWW Wednesday #05: Romance Books And a Movie


Hosted by: Taking on a World of Words

THE THREE W'S ARE
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?

CURRENTLY READING:

I actually haven't fully started this yet - still on 12% - but I have a plan to marathon the entire Wedding Belles Series by Lauren Layne some time... today. 

I've done nothing but skim Welcome to the Underworld by Con Template last night and today. I'm just rereading (okay, skimming) my favorite books as of now because I just finished a book that I wasn't that much of a fan of. Anyway, Welcome to the Underworld Series is one of my favorite mafia (KOREAN MAFIA) fanfiction-turned-published books that left me in such an emotional state.

Hopefully I'd get to reading mode and enjoy the series. I'm always in the mood for something Lauren Layne. And due to my Welcome to the Underworld marathon last night, I'm also quite in the mood to read something sad and tragic... or just something heavy on the emotional scale.

RECENTLY READ:

L.J. Shen's Broken Knight was lost to me. 

I already wrote a review for this so I don't wanna talk much about it anymore here. But let me just say how this book got me tired of the enemies-to-lovers and hate-to-love tropes. A shame, really. I love and enjoy those tropes but having to write it really depends on how it's executed for this trope to work.

Oh well. I'm not a huge fan of the series but I still do want to read Angry God which will come out next year. I do like Vaughn and I like his parents (my favorite couple from the Sinners of Saint Series). I just wish his love interest gets a name already because people are hinting that it's "this girl" (if you've read Broken Knight, you'd know) and I definitely approve. It's just kinda tiring if the author keeps playing with the fans like this. You can hype a book in different ways though without stressing your fans/readers and without causing tension between the fandom (because fans are popping out theories here and there that there might be another girl and at this point I just wanna mute everyone talking about this). 

TO-BE READ:

I_HAVE_NOTHING.MP3

I don't know what to read yet, I mean yeah.. obviously it's gonna be the Wedding Belles Series but I wanted to put another book here and... nothing comes to mind yet. I'm currently busy watching Enchanted (2007) and singing along to the songs (I LOVE THE SONG "SO CLOSE" SO MUCH I CRY EVERY TIME I LISTEN TO THIS NOW THAT I'M AN ADULT HAVING FULL KNOWN HOW SAD THAT BALLROOM SCENE WAS). I might look for some fairy tale-ish books. This movie really got me singing "I'VE BEEN DREAMING OF A TRUE LOVE'S KISS~" (the scene where Prince Edward started singing that line but got hit by the cyclists instead always has me in hysterics). 



*facepalms because i'm such a dumbdumb i forgot to change the title of this 
post and this has been up for hourrrrrsssss lmaooo

ANYWAAAAAY

Do any of you have a fairy tale favorite? 
Book? Movie? TV show?

I hope everyone had a good reading time! 
If not, I hope you're able to pick up a book that can tug a smile on your face!



12 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the Wedding Belles! I really love that series especially book 2!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gen! I'm excited to start this but I'm waiting to be in the mood so that the reading experience would be fun. Got many distractions lately to keep me from starting a new book 😔

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy the Wedding Belles books! I loved the second book the best, so I hope you have fun binge-reading them. :)
    So sorry about the LJ Shen book making you tire of the enemies-to-lovers trope. That's one of my favorites. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're all telling me how enjoyable this series and.. that's it.. your comment is THE FINAL STRAW. I will start this series NOW.

      It's still one of my favorites but at the moment, I'm not up for a book with that trope yet.

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I love enemies to lovers so I'm almost scared to look at the review for The Final Straw! I haven't read anything by that author before. I hope you love whatever book you pick up next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the Wedding Belles series so far so I'm feeling alright. Thankful for light romance books.

      Delete
  4. I am there with you 1000% about ANY trope - all can be done well or done poorly. I liked the Belles series. It was fun, as Layne's books tend to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it! Book 2 is definitely a fave though!

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry to hear Broken Knight was a bust! I was looking forward to reading that one. I still might but I'll be on guard now.
    I love enemies to lovers but, I'm with you, it needs to be executed properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Nicci :( I do hope you'll have no qualms reading that one though. Maybe you'll have a different view on it.

      Any trope can be a good one if it's done right. It depends on how the author delivers the story for it to work.

      Delete
  6. Okay, now I want to curl up on the couch and watch Enchanted. Amy Adams was so perfect as Giselle. And Patrick Dempsey is choice eye candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHE WAS!! She truly embodied a Disney princess in the flesh. Plus her voice also fits!

      Delete