Can't Wait Wednesday #07: All Your Twisted Secrets & The Winds of Winter

Hosted by: Wishful Endings
Inspired by: Breaking the Spine (no longer hosting)

Like my last Can't Wait Wednesday post, I'll be posting two upcoming books again that I'm excited for. Yes, two. One for contemporary and one for fantasy. Let me have the best of both worlds. 



Title: All Your Twisted Secrets
Author: Diana Urban
Publication Date: March 17, 2020
Genres: Young Adult / Contemporary / Thriller
Add to: Goodreads
“Welcome to dinner, and again, congratulations on being selected. Now you must do the selecting.”

What do the queen bee, star athlete, valedictorian, stoner, loner, and music geek all have in common? They were all invited to a scholarship dinner, only to discover it’s a trap. Someone has locked them into a room with a bomb, a syringe filled with poison, and a note saying they have an hour to pick someone to kill … or else everyone dies.


Amber Prescott is determined to get her classmates and herself out of the room alive, but that might be easier said than done. No one knows how they’re all connected or who would want them dead. As they retrace the events over the past year that might have triggered their captor’s ultimatum, it becomes clear that everyone is hiding something. And with the clock ticking down, confusion turns into fear, and fear morphs into panic as they race to answer the biggest question: Who will they choose to die?


This thrilling debut, reminiscent of new fan favorites like One of Us Is Lying and the beloved classics by Agatha Christie, will leave readers guessing until the explosive ending.

I LOVE THRILLER/MYSTERY BOOKS. I love the feeling of the thrill (lol obviously since it's "thriller"). The blurb reminds me of Karen M. McManus' One of Us Is Lying (I loved this book) and the horror movie, Jigsaw.. maybe the 2017 version. I literally had to search what horror movie it was that this reminds me of because I was pretty sure this was close to The Escape Room (2019) too though I haven't watched that yet. A bit of like The Purge movies too and The Killing Room (2009) and The Saw movies. Jigsaw was the better fit for me. I enjoy watching horror movies but not to the point where I can say I'm a fan of it.


Anyway, this is the author's debut novel and I'm so interested.




Title: The Winds of Winter
Series: A Song of Ice and Fire, #6
Author: George R.R. Martin
Publication Date: 2020...?
Genres: Adult / Fantasy
Add to: Goodreads
The Winds of Winter is the forthcoming sixth novel in the epic fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.

The previous installment, A Dance with Dragons, covered less story than Martin intended, omitting at least one planned large battle sequence and leaving several character threads ending in cliffhangers. Martin intends to resolve these cliffhangers "very early" in The Winds of Winter, saying "I'm going to open with the two big battles that I was building up to, the battle in the ice and the battle at Meereen—the battle of Slaver's Bay. And then take it from there."

I have no idea when the publication date is but this was listed in a 2020 list for upcoming fantasy books. But really.. there's no release date, even year, written in Goodreads and I don't keep up on what GRRM tweets.


Anyway. I AM EXCITED. I've caught up to the series which was a pretty big deal for me because  ASOIAF wasn't easy to get through. Especially if you're reading with the paperback editions in which I did in my case. The font size was too small for me but for some reason, I got hooked. 


The TV show, however, wasn't all that amazing for me. I was fond of it when they were still going with the books but the moment they became independent (I mean, they had to since GRRM wasn't releasing another ASOIAF book any time soon and HBO needed that cash), I wasn't interested anymore. I won't even talk about how the last season was so underwhelming that the actors themselves weren't even satisfied with how it ended.





What about you?

What are you waiting for this Wednesday? :)




12 comments:

  1. So glad you caught up with the series. Now here's hoping you actually get this book next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the book does come out next year. You never know with GRRM.

      Delete
  2. I am also featuring All Your Twisted Secrets today, it sounds amazing:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! The sound of them having to kill each other makes me nervous but I'm also anticipating of them either making it all out alive or not.

      Delete
  3. All Your Twisted Secrets sounds good. I agree that it does sound like the premise is a blend of several other books/movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It gives me those "last man standing" movies.

      Delete
  4. Both of these books sound awesome! I really need to read George R.R. Martin's books soon!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to give one of Martin's books a try. Thanks for sharing and linking up!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty long and thick lol though I did enjoy some of them

      Delete
  6. Oh dear... Every time I see The Winds of Winter I don't know whether to laugh or commiserate! I'm not convinced he'll ever release it! I don't even believe it's handed to his publisher for editing yet, otherwise there'd be a release date. It's horrible how he's treating the fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been waiting for this book for God knows how long and it's really killing me. My excitement even died down for a while until he released the book regarding the Targaryens but that wasn't as appealing as I'd hoped. Part of me wished he should've just released Winds of Winter instead of that book because a lot of us have been waiting for quite a while now. And this should be an advantage for him given how the show has ended already.

      Delete