Review: THE REVENGE PLAN by Linda Kage



Title: The Revenge Plan
Author: Linda Kage
Publication Date: April 29, 2019
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon
Rating: ★★★☆☆ (3 stars)
After I caught my boyfriend cheating, I tried to be mature about it with an amicable split. But he took his retaliation too far, and I have officially had enough. No more Miss Nice Haven.
No one is allowed to lie to me, betray, embarrass, and devastate me, fill me with self-doubt, or put my future at risk, and expect to get away with it. He is going to feel my wrath.
Enter Wick Webster, his archenemy.
Nothing would provoke my ex more than to see me moving on with the one guy he hates most, so that’s exactly what I plan to do.
The only hitch in my brilliant scheme is Wick himself. He’s just gotta be all love-not-war and peace-is-the-only-way. He’s more concerned about helping me heal than seeking my sweet revenge.
And what the hell is it about his soothing presence and yummy looks that calls to me until I forget how much pain I’m in? He’s making it awfully hard to use and abuse him for my malicious means. The damn guy is making me fall for him.


I didn't know this book was connected to Linda Kage's Forbidden Men series. Not a spin-off though, just connected and a stand-alone. I haven't been updating myself on authors whose books I've read before and their future plans for their next books so this was kind of a surprise and a little bit overwhelming reading the characters from the said series and their families. And there's a lot of them. A lot.

I would've labeled this as a sports book but there was hardly football that happened here and well, I was disappointed with how the football team's treatment towards their players so yeah, this was hardly football.


The Revenge Plan was quite a ride for a contemporary romance book. It was entertaining, frustrating, and sometimes it dragged on a bit. There were scenes though that for me felt like they were overdone. I mean the characters' reactions on said events anyway. And some scene were cute, I'll admit to that, but they seem to stretch out on to a longer pace that made me think they don't need to be that long to be part of the story. Cute, but long and kind of irrelevant.

I also wanna talk about how some characters got away with the stuff they pulled especially members of the football team. You're telling me that this team is split into two, the offensive and defensive line, and they're each others' enemies even though they're on the same team yet they hate each others' guts when they should be helping each other out because it was playoffs season in this book. What also baffles me is that the organization doesn't give a damn towards their players. Wick said it himself when he got beaten up that it wouldn't matter to the coach if he explained his side because the coach probably would just pick the opposite side because it's LIKE THAT even though it was clear as day that Wick was the one being attacked. It's... absurd. This is college football and Wick is one, or even yet the best, player on the team even though he isn't the quarterback. I know this is fiction but still, it just seemed so dumb for the organization to be treating some members of the team as shit when they're supposedly be helping them to be in better condition if they want to win in the playoffs.

Okay, I've ranted enough about the football part but I was just being honest with the situation.

Anyway, I still enjoyed this story. There were aspects that really made me smile and warmed my heart. Haven with her parents, Wick with his sisters, Haven and her never-ending line of cousins, THE KITTEN, Haven and Wick being all domestic, and some more. Even though there were times when I find the characters' decisions and reactions to things a bit eyebrow-raise worthy, I'm actually fine with them because later on they seem to voice out my thoughts on the printed paper and I'm just there like, "Yeah, that's what I thought too." So all in all, this was fun. A bit frustrating but still fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment