Can't Wait Wednesday #11: Scavenge the Stars + A Love Hate Thing

Hosted by: Wishful Endings
Inspired by: Breaking the Spine (no longer hosting)

I'm back to two books to look forward to on Wednesdays.
I have A LOT of books I can't wait for that will be released this 2020.

I'm also trying to ban myself from requesting a ton of ARCs because I truly felt like I can't be faithful in reading all of them. I still have a ton on my list I gotta read but I'm falling so far behind.

Anyway, I'll just wait for each book release next year. I didn't expect to be so busy this year so I don't wanna burden myself out more by worrying that my ARC list is getting longer by the day... when I also have other books I just got/bought that I really want to read.



Title: Scavenge the Stars
Series: Scavenge the Stars, #1
Author: Tara Sim
Publication Date: January 07, 2020
Genres: Fantasy, Retelling
Add to: Goodreads
When Amaya rescues a mysterious stranger from drowning, she fears her rash actions have earned her a longer sentence on the debtor ship where she’s been held captive for years. Instead, the man she saved offers her unimaginable riches and a new identity, setting Amaya on a perilous course through the coastal city-state of Moray, where old-world opulence and desperate gamblers collide. Amaya wants one thing: revenge against the man who ruined her family and stole the life she once had. But the more entangled she becomes in this game of deception—and as her path intertwines with the son of the man she’s plotting to bring down—the more she uncovers about the truth of her past. And the more she realizes she must trust no one…

Packed with high-stakes adventure, romance, and dueling identities, this gender-swapped retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo is the first novel in an epic YA fantasy duology, perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas, Sabaa Tahir, and Leigh Bardugo.

Not really a fan of any of the authors mentioned in the blurb (can't say really for Tahir since I haven't read a book by hers yet but I had An Ember in the Ashes here for so long now) but a gender-swapped retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo sounds so interesting and the title sounds nice.. plus that pretty cover. Love me a pretty cover.



Title: A Love Hate Thing
Author: Whitney D. Grandison
Publication Date: February 11, 2020
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Add to: Goodreads
When they’re stuck under one roof, the house may not be big enough for their hate…or their love.

When Tyson Trice finds himself tossed into the wealthy coastal community of Pacific Hills, he’s ready for the questions, the stares and the feeling of not belonging. Not that he cares. After recovering from being shot and surviving the rough streets of Lindenwood, he doesn’t care about anyone or anything, much less how the rest of his life will play out.

Golden girl Nandy Smith has spent most of her life building the pristine image that it takes to fit in when it comes to her hometown Pacific Hills where image is everything. After learning that her parents are taking in a troubled teen boy, Nandy fears her summer plans, as well as her reputation, will go up in flames.

Now with Trice living under the same roof, the wall between their bedrooms feels as thin as the line between love and hate. Beneath the angst, their growing attraction won’t be denied. Through time, Trice brings Nandy out of her shell, and Nandy attempts to melt the ice that’s taken Trice’s heart and being. Only, with the ever-present pull back to the Lindenwood streets, it’ll be a wonder if Trice makes it through this summer at all.

Love me the "they hate each other but they live under the same roof" trope lol.



What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?




7 comments:

  1. I think the second one is already on my TBR. Hope you get booth soon!
    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sounds of both of these! Thanks for sharing them.

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really am interested in Scavenge the Stars. And such a great cover. Hope you love both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Scavenge the stars sounds great!

    Here's my pick:

    https://speedyreadercom.wordpress.com/2019/11/13/cant-wait-for-starsight/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen some meh reviews for A Love Hate Thing, but I know I am going to read it. I tend to be a black sheep on everything anyhow, and it sounds like something I would like

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Both of these sound like interesting reads! Great picks!


    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scavenge the Stars sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete