Can't Wait Wednesday #09: We Free the Stars + His Royal Highness


Hosted by: Wishful Endings
Inspired by: Breaking the Spine (no longer hosting)

I've been adding a ton of upcoming new books to my TBR lately and I was planning on giving a twist to today's Can't Wait Wednesday but I figured that it's too much work so I'll do it another time or in a separate post.

One of my talents include me adding a bunch of books to my TBR when I'd likely end up not reading 80% of them anyway because I always pick up the books I'm most excited for to read first then get into a slump which is for sure bound to happen if the book's good.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.............................



Title: We Free the Stars
Series: Sands of Arawiya, #2
Author: Hafsah Faizal
Publication  Date: March 10, 2020
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy
Add to: Goodreads
Zafira is the Hunter, braving the cursed forest of the Arz to feed her people. Nasir is the Prince of Death, assassinating those who defy his autocratic father, the sultan. She must hide her identity. He mustn’t display compassion. But when both embark on a quest to uncover a lost magic artifact, Zafira and Nasir encounter an ancient evil long thought destroyed—and discover that the prize they seek may be even more dangerous than any of their enemies. In We Free the Stars, Zafira and Nasir must conquer the darkness around—and inside of—them.


I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK!
I love We Hunt the Flame and like I've mentioned before, it was the book that reminded me why I enjoy reading YA Fantasy. I really love Hafsah Faizal's writing and each character is interesting in their own way.

And can we also talk about how BEAUTIFUL that cover is? LOOK AT THAT COLOR PALETTE!! I badly want this on my shelf.



Title: His Royal Highness
Author: R.S. Grey
Publication  Date: November 14, 2019
Genres: Adult, Romance
Add to: Goodreads
I’ve spent eight years wishing I’d fall out of love with Derek Knightley. Blowing out birthday candles, chasing after shooting stars, making it rain spare change into mall fountains—every time it’s the same wish: forget about Derek.

But the day he walks back into my life, I realize there are two things time has yet to soften: my feelings for him and his chiseled jawline.

It’s infuriating that my heart still races when he walks into a room. I refuse to fall prey to old unrequited love, so I decide the less I’m around him, the better. Avoidance is key.

Unfortunately, Derek isn’t going to make it easy. As a teenager, I would have crawled on my hands and knees to attract his attention. Now I can’t seem to escape it.

I’m not sure why he’s bothering. He’s not just out of my league—he’s out of my tax bracket. As the sole heir to the Knightley Company, he’s as close to American royalty as you can get. As for me, I’m just a part-time princess at Knightley’s flagship magical theme park.

I spend my days playing make-believe, but Derek has no use for fairytales. His unwavering confidence makes it clear he thinks I’ll surrender in the end.

He’s just biding his time.
Making me sweat.

His Royal Highness always gets what he wants.
And he wants me.

I don't really keep up with authors much that's why I didn't know R.S. Grey is releasing a new book soon (and to think I've been hoping for her to release a new one). And I'm really soft for the cover's colors. So pleasant to my eyes.

I'm actually happy that this isn't a royal-family kind of theme...? (I don't know how to properly label that) I'm not really fond of those themes/tropes so this is good. For me.



How about you?
What can't you wait for this Wednesday?



18 comments:

  1. I wasn't a fan of We Hunt the Flame, but I'm loving the cover of the sequel! I hope it will be just the hit that you're expecting it to be, Chai! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so too! I loved the first book and I'm definitely excited for the sequel. I hope the story's as good as the pretty cover.

      Delete
  2. Agree that We Hunt the Flame reminded me why I love YA Fantasy!! I keep speculating on that cover... with Nasir in the tower and Zafira looking up aaahh what does it mean??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read a good amount of fantasy lately and We Hunt the Flame was like coming back home... even though fantasy isn't really what I call "home" anymore in fiction.

      Delete
  3. I've heard a lot of good things about We Hunt the Flame so I hope everyone loves the sequel just as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what I'm hoping too. I love the author's writing style and it's one of the things that made the book easier to read especially when it's set in a historical (kinda) period.

      Delete
  4. Both look good. I still need to read We Hunt the Flame though! Great picks!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both new to me and they sound really good!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. We Hunt the Flame is still on my TBR,
    but I'm excited to see the ratings for book 2! And what a great cover!

    Here's my list:

    https://speedyreadercom.wordpress.com/2019/10/23/elevator-pitch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is really beautiful. Covers matter to me so this one is an absolute treat.

      Delete
  7. I was excited to see Grey has a new book coming out. I usually like her books, and I like the whole unrequited crush angle. Should be fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hoping she'd release a new book and I feel like the universe heard me when I saw my twitter mutuals tweeting about this. I was already into it way before I read the summary because the cover's colors are just soft *heart eyes*

      Delete
  8. Oooh! I'm really excited for We Free the Stars! Great picks!


    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I see an R.S. Grey book I think, "Oh yeah, I need to read something by her." And then it never happens! One of these days I really will read something by Grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta if you love grumpy heroes but are actually soft and brighter than the sun heroines who can also kick ass! I love it when she mixes those two and create a really fun romance with lowkey drama, 50-50 angst, sweet moments and a fire emoji scenes 😄

      Delete